Windows 10: Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

Discus and support Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm Running on an HP Elitebook 840 G3. Win 10 of course.Monday morning I attempted to use the internet and notice the wifi bars are gone and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonJTL, Aug 19, 2021.

1. JasonJTL Win User

Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

So I'm Running on an HP Elitebook 840 G3. Win 10 of course.Monday morning I attempted to use the internet and notice the wifi bars are gone and have been replaced with the ethernet globe. Saying "not connected no connections available". Figuring something was up with the driver, i check out the device manager and notice the wireless adapter is gone. Of course. Its still there, just hidden along with the Bluetooth device, and both of the Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapters. They all say code-45. I don't recall any updates during that time so I don't understand the issue.I've been looking up

:)

JasonJTL, Aug 19, 2021

2. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 19, 2021
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

1. Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter. - Similar Threads - Tried almost everything

2. Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!: Hi, my Ctrl + V shortcut has suddenly stopped working.What works:L Ctrl: R Ctrl: C: V: L Ctrl + C: L Ctrl + V: R Ctrl + C: R Ctrl + V: L Ctrl + T, L Ctrl + R, L Ctrl + A, L Ctrl + X: I have tried L Ctrl + T, + R, + A, + X they work, therefore the L Ctrl key must NOT be...
  3. Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl V Stopped Working Tried Almost Everything!: Hi, my Ctrl + V shortcut has suddenly stopped working.What works:L Ctrl: R Ctrl: C: V: L Ctrl + C: L Ctrl + V: R Ctrl + C: R Ctrl + V: L Ctrl + T, L Ctrl + R, L Ctrl + A, L Ctrl + X: I have tried L Ctrl + T, + R, + A, + X they work, therefore the L Ctrl key must NOT be...
  4. Cant connect to internet after reset, tried almost everything, but when in UEFi the wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to internet after reset, tried almost everything, but when in UEFi the wifi...: donk know what to do with it,pleae help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reset-tried-almost/df25510e-1350-4a61-b824-efe175811904
  5. Cant connect to internet after reset, tried almost everything, but when in UEFi the wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to internet after reset, tried almost everything, but when in UEFi the wifi...: donk know what to do with it,pleae help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reset-tried-almost/df25510e-1350-4a61-b824-efe175811904
  6. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  7. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  8. Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working: My Asus has the IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz driver. I've tried everything I could to try and fix this issue. It says "This device cannot start. Code 10". I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue. I've contacted 3 Microsoft tech support people and none of them have...
  9. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  10. Please help!!! Tried almost everything.. inverted typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help!!! Tried almost everything.. inverted typing: Anything i type after i log on to my computer is inverted and the space bar will move to the left after every key input... also, on any window that is able to scroll up and down, it automatically scrolls up all the time and is stuck there. Tried unplugging everything and...