Windows 10: Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone

Discus and support Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HALP! I tried creating a storage pool to backup all my files and now the disk I wanted to back up is unallocated with no access to my files. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vegaluxx, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone

HALP!

I tried creating a storage pool to backup all my files and now the disk I wanted to back up is unallocated with no access to my files. Is there a way I can revert back. I had no idea it was going to remove my partitions by adding it to a storage pool.

submitted by /u/Vegaluxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vegaluxx, Feb 4, 2021

2. create storage pool

I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged
    in a new storage device and tried to create a new storage pool. I keep getting the error r unable to create because it is being used by other apps.

RussellGlidewell, Feb 4, 2021
  3. lyacine Win User
    Storage pool does'nt show my disks

Hello,

I have a wired problem I’m trying to install Hyper-V 2016 on an IBM x3550 m5 model 8869 machine to create a cluster afterwards

and test the direct storage pool from Microsoft installation goes fine for both servers and my disk are visible thought the disk manager

I ‘m using two disk that I use for software mirroring which is fine and the rest of the disk so 6 left I want to create a storage pool

the problem is that when I click in storage pool to create a new pool the disk are no visible all my disk are still not unallocated so it should be fine but I’m stuck with this problem since two days I’m not able to found out what's is causing this issue

Thank you for your help

lyacine, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone

Pool Storage Issue Files gone!

I will try to make this short but informative as possible.

I have a Mirrored Pooled Storage that I call Drive E. It is two 3TB drives configured to mirror each other using the Windows 10 Storage tool. Recently I have been having space issues and need to rearrange my storage capabilities. I just bought 2 12TB
    drives. The plan was to pool the new drives into a NEW pool which I was going to assign to the V: drive. The current pool is assigned as E:. Once the new pool was up I was going to move the files off of Drive E onto the 12 TB drives. Then I was going
    to move the "old" drives to another computer.

Everything went well installing the 2 12TB drives. I had couple of issues since Windows wanted to make one of the new drives a location for Pagefile but once I reassigned that function back to my c: drive I was able to setup the new pool. So both pools
    E and V were showing up on my storage pool screen. But at that point I noticed the E drive appeared to be EMPTY! As my stomach began to twist I went to file explorer and it too showed I had zero items on the drive. I somehow prayed it was a error and rebooted
    the machine. Same issue. All 2.7ish TBs of data is gone. The whole point of me doing this was to have a mirrored back up. Now all my files are gone. I have no clue what happened. Before you asked this is what I know...

1. I did not ever delete the pool that made up Drive E

2. I did not ever knowingly reformat either hard drives that made up Drive D

3. I did not every try to add more drives to Drive E

I went straight to the internet and did not find any similar issues. I did find reference to pooled storage and drive issues but they didn't fit. Both of my drives are in good condition. There have been no errors. I'm assuming some how the drive was
    reformatted or the pool was recreated but don't know how that was possible. The cause right now is not important as it is a possible solution for data recovery. I found a couple of sources for data recovery and even bough one piece of software (R-Studio)
    and I"m looking at another. I did do a simple scan using R-Studio and the simple scan using the software did find some files but there are 1000's of files (mainly photo type files of all varieties). So I then did a deep scan on just one of the two drives.
    It did "find a LOT of stuff" but the confidence level "recovery" was rated pretty low. At that point I backed up a little and did some reading and it was suggested I create images of both drives and put them on another drive. Before I move on further with
    more scans that take 10+ hours I figured I better take a breath and ask for some advice.

This is why I'm hear now. Is this the right path? Is there any hope? Let's assume this software "doesn't work" is there any other recourse? Is there some "better" to do than what I'm doing.

Please if there anyone out there with some very help tips I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Scott

Scott_Shuttleman, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone

1. Tried creating storage pool, now my disk is unallocated and all my files are gone - Similar Threads - Tried creating storage

2. Vrituel Disk issues Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vrituel Disk issues Storage Pool: i,i'am new in this forum and i don't have enough expertise in the domain of storage Pool i have an issue since last week with my server i have created a storage pool from Windows servers 2019 with 8 nas behind it and every nas have 4 disks so all the disks are healthy and...
  3. All my files are gone!

All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  4. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  5. Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format

Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format: Hello , i have an issue this the storage pool system i used to have a storage pool with my 2 hdd and SSD together I deleted that before I formatted and deleted the the storage pool tryring to create a new storage pool i keep getting cant prepare drives Close all application...
  6. Pool Storage Issue Files gone!

Pool Storage Issue Files gone!: I will try to make this short but informative as possible. I have a Mirrored Pooled Storage that I call Drive E. It is two 3TB drives configured to mirror each other using the Windows 10 Storage tool. Recently I have been having space issues and need to rearrange my...
  7. Adding physical disks to a storage pool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding physical disks to a storage pool: I have a storage pool of 4 physical 8tb disks. I added 2 more physical 8tb disks to the pool, but there doesn't seem to be a size increase. What I'm reading is that storage pools can't be added to once created, but that doesn't sound right. So, how do I get the added disks to...
  8. create storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create storage pool: I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged in a new storage...
  9. Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files

Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files: I chose this thread because it's the most recent i could find related to storage pool. I just posted in TechNet but after doing so it looks like that is for technicians. I am just a home user and after a Windows update it added this Storage Pool. As I mention in my note...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...