Windows 10: Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk

Discus and support Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title states I have tried everything. Been reading this forum and tried most of the suggestions. I really don't want to wipe hard drive.There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gats, May 8, 2020.

1. Gats Win User

Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk

As the title states I have tried everything. Been reading this forum and tried most of the suggestions. I really don't want to wipe hard drive.There's no excuse but i don't have an up to date image.Lets blame it on covid.

So its's my fault all around. I was trying to get a controller to work and screwed around with the registry. I have been fixing computers since the beginning of time and built my own but it was early in the morning and i realized after closing the registry that i had made a mistake. So I decided to roll back to a system restore point before I had installed this controller app hidguardian that doesn't let other games hook onto the driver for the controller...

Well of course the system restore froze for hours and I rebooted. Up came automatic repair and then a box flashed( Its the box that you put language etc in I think) and then it went to black screen and stuck there.

okay I will just get rufus and windows iso and repair it. Same thing except this time a purple screen. I was getting a bit panicky now and decided to try erd commander, an old version for xp or vista I think. I wanted to see if the files were there and that the hard drive was not toast. Sure enough I could get into the drive and the files were all day for the most part. Hope. But false dawn.

I went to sys32 and looked around for bcedit so I could follow the advice on this forum rebuilding the bcd file but of of course couldn't use the bcedit etc.

I went out and bought another hard drive figuring that I could install windows 10 on there and then maybe some of the tools I had would work. I was surprised to see it didn't. By tools I mean I have the msdart for windows and I have Kyl's suite of tools and of course the windows iso.

I really dont know what to do now.

Any...Any help would be appreciated. I cant tell you the version number because I cant get on the hard drive but all this trouble with the controller happened when I updated to the November update I think its 1903...I think I had rolled it back though so not quite sure as I was trying various things to get the controller to work properly.

Its an intel i7 2.33...the hard drive is 4tb seagate barracuda. 16 ram.

This is the only forum that actually solves problem and isn't a hustle. So I am hoping beyond hope here.

Thanks in advance

John

:)

Gats, May 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 8, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk - Similar Threads - Tried everything mean

2. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  3. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  4. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything: Hi. So I recently put windows 10 onto my laptop and accidentally turned the brightness too low so I restarted it. Its now been 16 hours and I have turned the thing off and on again about 70 times and that is not an exaggeration. I tried resetting it and it didn't fix...
  6. How to get rid of *the disk is wire prodected*(I tried everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of *the disk is wire prodected*(I tried everything): I have a USB drive with the Windows install files on it and i am trying to format it but nothing works. submitted by /u/baguragu08 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kwgm82/how_to_get_rid_of_the_disk_is_wire_prodectedi/
  7. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.: When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for it to grey-out and allow me to force close, but the force close prompt never appeared. Eventually, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Esc to...
  8. Disk Usage 100% Tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% Tried everything: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  9. 100% disk away, tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk away, tried everything: Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I've been using W10 for over a year and so far i've managed to keep the performance up without having to write on forums for help. Recently, i've been having disc issues, Registry process in task manager - which i never noticed...
  10. 100% disk, tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    100% disk, tried everything: Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I've been using W10 for over a year and so far i've managed to keep the performance up without having to write on forums for help. Recently, i've been having disc issues, Registry process in task manager - which i never noticed...