Windows 10: Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual...

Discus and support Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i googled for a good hour and I can't find a solution: how can I assign a keyboard shortcut such as win+1 to switch specific virtual desktops in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/passline_club, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual...

Hi, i googled for a good hour and I can't find a solution: how can I assign a keyboard shortcut such as win+1 to switch specific virtual desktops in win10?

I'm starting to think i might need 3rd party software but i'm worreid about bloatware for something so simple.

Bonus question: is it possible to reorganize virtual desktops? I tried dragging them around, nothing happens....

submitted by /u/passline_club
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/passline_club, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 5, 2020
  3. mlpoland Win User
    Assigning Buttons on AT&T Tilt

Is there a way to re-assign the hardware buttons on a AT&T Tilt? Specifically, I would like to re-assign the PTT (Push To Talk) button. With my old Ipaq, running 2003 SE it was not a problem.....what's wrong with this WM6 device?

mlpoland, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual...

Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual...

1. Tried everything, can't find a solution: how to assign shortcuts to specific virtual... - Similar Threads - Tried everything can't

2. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  3. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  4. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop and I'm trying to make it work on its original OS, which is WinXP, but unfortunately, the sticker with the product key turned all white except the product key letters. I don't have the installation disk of the WinXP, so I downloaded an ISO of...
  5. Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to find a solution for WinXP installation: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop and I'm trying to make it work on its original OS, which is WinXP, but unfortunately, the sticker with the product key turned all white except the product key letters. I don't have the installation disk of the WinXP, so I downloaded an ISO of...
  6. Oddly specific updating problem I can't find solutions for.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oddly specific updating problem I can't find solutions for.: Hi, I'm running a windows 1909(OSB:18363.900). Last summer in 2020 I had a disk fail and it broke my boot process, in an attempt to recover anything possible I repaired my bootloader through a command prompt process. After this happened I have not been able to update Windows...
  7. Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard: In the Language Bar Options tab of Advanced Key Settings I have four actions: Between input languages -> Left Alt+Shift To English United States - US -> Left Alt+Shift+1 To Russian Russia - Russian -> Left Alt+Shift+3 To Slovak Slovakia - Slovak QWERTY -> Left Alt+Shift+2...
  8. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.: When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for it to grey-out and allow me to force close, but the force close prompt never appeared. Eventually, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Esc to...
  9. Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-virtual-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557
  10. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...