Windows 10: Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709

Discus and support Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a 10-year-old Alienware (non Dell, built just before the takeover) ALX x58, with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB, BIOS fully updated, drivers fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ex_Brit1941, May 15, 2019.

1. Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709

I am using a 10-year-old Alienware (non Dell, built just before the takeover) ALX x58, with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB, BIOS fully updated, drivers fully updated. It has an Intel Core i-7 975 4 core, (shows as 8 with hyper-threading) processor & 24gb DDR3 SDRAM.. I boot Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows 10 Pro plus Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) on large partitions. It's the first 2 I'm concerned about as I can't get the Win 10 to upgrade beyond 1709. Tried disconnecting everything, clean installs, - every-which-way (about 30 times now) and yes the drives are clean. Device Manager (showing hidden devces) has nothing flagged.

I'm worried as next January my main OS Windows 7 will be obsolete and I wont be able to upgrade it at this rate.

I'm a pensioner and can no longer afford shiny new super-gaming machines, much as I would like one.

My question is, what changed with Windows 10 versions beyond 1709 to make them so unfriendly?

:)

Ex_Brit1941, May 15, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download November 30 CU KB4051963 x64 (493.1MB)

Brings system to 16299.98

List of improvements and fixes found here.

There's a few other November 30 updates too(KB4054022, KB4055237, KB4052342). I'm not sure whether you'd want, or need, to install them as well. But for more info to base your decision on see the links above^^^.

MrGenius, May 15, 2019
  3. Athlonite Win User
    Athlonite, May 15, 2019
  4. mora67 Win User

Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709

Cumulative Update KB4090913 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.251 - Mar. 5

Now I finished, after step 2 result:

Tried Everything.   Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709 [​IMG]

So I suppose that's it?

mora67, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709

1. Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709 - Similar Threads - Tried Everything Can't

2. Can't access windows security- tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access windows security- tried everything: Hey Microsoft, I need a solution quickly.I've tried eveything you have suggested but it didn't work. DID YOU SUGGEST US TO INSTALL WINDOWS 11 WHEN IT HAS SO MANY BUGS????...
  3. Can't download windows 10 updates. tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download windows 10 updates. tried everything: I've been trying to download the 20h2 update for win10. I did everything I know of windows troubleshooter, checked for corrupt files etc. Here are the errors:I've had this problem since this update. I also can't download anything through Microsoft store. Does anyone know how...
  4. Can't download windows 10 updates. tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download windows 10 updates. tried everything: I've been trying to download the 20h2 update for win10. I did everything I know of windows troubleshooter, checked for corrupt files etc. Here are the errors:I've had this problem since this update. I also can't download anything through Microsoft store. Does anyone know how...
  5. Can't download windows 10 updates. tried everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Tried everything! Can't update to latest version of Windows 10

Tried everything! Can't update to latest version of Windows 10: I'll be very grateful for some help. I've tried everything! My PC is running Windows 10, version 1803, and it is unable to update to the latest version. It finds the latest version, downloads it, installs it, restarts, and then I see the BSOD, with "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION...
  7. Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!: Due to endless problems with Windows 10, I did a fresh install of it several weeks ago. It has wasted over 200 hours of my time since then having to reinstall and reconfigure everything again on my computer. Since then, I am unable to update Windows. The version of Windows...
  8. Can't update from 1803 to 1909, tried everything:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1803 to 1909, tried everything:: Hey! Been having some problems installing the TAP driver, none the less my Windows 10 needs to be updated anyways. So, I went into update in the settings - the computer claims I'm on the newest version. I'm not, I am on 1803 and the newest is 1909. When I check for updates,...
  9. Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709

Tried Everything. Can't Update Windows 10 Beyond v1709: I am using a 10 year-old Alienware (non Dell, built just before the takeover) ALX x58, with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB, BIOS fully updated, drivers fully updated. It has an Intel Core i-7 975 4 core, (shows as 8 with hyper-threading) processor & 24gb DDR3 SDRAM.. I boot...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just don't know what to do at this point. Won't activate from the "Get Windows 10" program. Won't activate from the MediaCreationTool. It fully downloads and then restarts, but restarts to Windows 8.1 Endless failed updates, Tons of useless downloads in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tried everything but windows will not update