Windows 10: Tried everything to reset my pc.

Discus and support Tried everything to reset my pc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have tried just about everything to reset my pc my computer has so many dumb files on it that i just wanted to wipe it clean. i tried doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daimonPotter, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Tried everything to reset my pc.

So i have tried just about everything to reset my pc my computer has so many dumb files on it that i just wanted to wipe it clean.
    i tried doing the “Reset this PC” option but it told me that their was a problem reseting this pc no changes were made

then i tried a clean install of windows 10 but it kept all of my old files in a folder called Windowsold.

any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

:)

daimonPotter, Feb 24, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Thank you @NavyLCDR, I tried your suggestions but still have the same issue.
    @Superfly, My main issue is the fact that sppsvc.exe won't start and throws the Error 5 (Access Denied). I tried changing permissions, taking ownership etc. but still have the same issue.

I guess my next step is another restore :-(. I assume you mean a fresh install because the original issue was caused after I clicked "Reset this PC" option in system settings?

the5krunner, Feb 24, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

Tried everything to reset my pc.

Resetting my PC doesn't work

HI Benjamin,

To further isolate the issue regarding with resetting your PC, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried already?
    • Was there a specific error message?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Tried everything to reset my pc.

1. Tried everything to reset my pc. - Similar Threads - Tried everything reset

2. Stuck on trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on trying to reset my PC: Im trying to reset my pc but halfway through I always get the "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made" Blue screen. Im unable to access the desktop and im stuck in advanced startup menu.I always could reset without a problem. This time when i tried it...
  3. I am trying to update my pc/reset my pc/reimage my pc but everything has errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to update my pc/reset my pc/reimage my pc but everything has errors.: Info: I'm using a windows 10 pc that has always been windows 10 and I don't plan to update to widows 11 soon. I can run a spec listing application and list the specs if that's necessary.First of all, I haven't been able to update for a few months as every time I try, windows...
  4. I am trying to update my pc/reset my pc/reimage my pc but everything has errors.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to update my pc/reset my pc/reimage my pc but everything has errors.: Info: I'm using a windows 10 pc that has always been windows 10 and I don't plan to update to widows 11 soon. I can run a spec listing application and list the specs if that's necessary.First of all, I haven't been able to update for a few months as every time I try, windows...
  5. I am trying to update my pc/reset my pc/reimage my pc but everything has errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Trying to reset my computer everything fails.

Trying to reset my computer everything fails.: So I recently ran out of space in my C drive for the operation system stuff so I tried to take unused memory from partitions to expand it. After this my pc stopped working and enters a reboot loop. When in recovery mode and i try to reset it fails.I tried DISM online clean...
  7. i get this error and i’ve tried everything and when i try to reset my pc it says “there was...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i get this error and i’ve tried everything and when i try to reset my pc it says “there was...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gleiru [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l54wod/i_get_this_error_and_ive_tried_everything_and/
  8. Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files: So i encountered an registry error in my pc and i tried to startup repair open cmd but it requires password, but the password i provided is correct but it says error so i have no options but to reset pc. So does the option Reset Everything -> keep my files, does it remove and...
  9. Trying to reset My PC

Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...
  10. tried everything. resetting win with "problem resetting PC"

tried everything. resetting win with "problem resetting PC": Hello, I got so tired of my files explorer taking up 20% all the time for no reason (even after doing nothing after startup, keeps coming back after 5 minutes after closing). So I decided to do a reset. But I can't reset my laptop due to the "problem resetting PC"...