Windows 10: Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working

Discus and support Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Asus has the IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz driver. I've tried everything I could to try and fix this issue. It says "This device cannot start. Code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Colliding Hearts, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working

My Asus has the IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz driver. I've tried everything I could to try and fix this issue. It says "This device cannot start. Code 10". I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue. I've contacted 3 Microsoft tech support people and none of them have been able to successfully fix my issue.

The wifi and mobile hotspot boxes don't even show up on my computer.

We tried updating Windows. We then tried to update all my drivers. We then tried to do a network reset. I then had enough and decided to do a factory reset on my computer. That didn't work either. Lastly, we tried to reinstall Windows on my computer. None of it worked.

:)

Colliding Hearts, Feb 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 driver adapter not working

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.
    Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Cannot uninstall wifi adapter

Hello Calvin,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• When was the last time the WiFi adapter is working fine?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working

"There might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter"

I was using my Surface 7 Pro as usual this morning when suddenly my internet was not working. I went through the regular disconnect/connect, run troubleshoot, and even uninstalled my NordVPN app thinking there could be an issue with it. No luck.

The network diagnostics gave me the "there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi adapter" message, so I tried rolling back the network adapter update. Nothing.

I then used my spouse's laptop to manually download the latest WiFi adapter driver and then used a flash drive to pass it onto my own laptop. Still nothing.

I used a few other suggestions, tho I can't remember them all, that involved the cmd prompt, and it hasn't budged.

I tried downloading the May 3rd update but it's apparently impossible without internet connection, so I'm stumped.

The internet icon is a little globe with a Ø on
    it, it has only the Airplane Mode option and the hover message is "Not connected - No connections are available"

What are my next steps?

ElliotGarcia96, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working

1. Tried everything, wifi driver/adapter still not working - Similar Threads - Tried everything wifi

2. vmware adapter and wifi driver not able to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vmware adapter and wifi driver not able to work: I am coming across this issue recently as the my vmware not working to run my EVE NG lab environment in my desktop pc. As the bridge configuration and NAT configuration not working . I am not able to open the EVE NG open in GUI even the the CLI network connection shows it is...
  3. vmware adapter and wifi driver not able to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vmware adapter and wifi driver not able to work: I am coming across this issue recently as the my vmware not working to run my EVE NG lab environment in my desktop pc. As the bridge configuration and NAT configuration not working . I am not able to open the EVE NG open in GUI even the the CLI network connection shows it is...
  4. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.: Hi, I have a problem with my cudy we3000s device which uses intel wi-fi 6e ax210 160mhz drivers.The drivers were installed procto from the manufacturer's website - they did not work.Have uninstalled and installed via Intel Driver & Support Assistant - still not working. Tried...
  5. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.: Hi, I have a problem with my cudy we3000s device which uses intel wi-fi 6e ax210 160mhz drivers.The drivers were installed procto from the manufacturer's website - they did not work.Have uninstalled and installed via Intel Driver & Support Assistant - still not working. Tried...
  6. Drivers for wifi network adapter wont work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tried almost everything to fix wifi adapter.: So I'm Running on an HP Elitebook 840 G3. Win 10 of course.Monday morning I attempted to use the internet and notice the wifi bars are gone and have been replaced with the ethernet globe. Saying "not connected no connections available". Figuring something was up with the...
  8. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  9. Wifi Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  10. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?: Hello, sorry it's not strictly related to Win 10 but this forum Always solve my issues so... please help. I am looking for an adapter that allows a device that is only ethernet to connect to a wifi router. This look easy but I totally misunderstand why I find only...