Windows 10: Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying...

Discus and support Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I tried to install the Precision Touchpad on my x360, and it worked, except for the fact that it broke my gestures (not including two-finger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TotallyLegitOnyx, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying...

So, I tried to install the Precision Touchpad on my x360, and it worked, except for the fact that it broke my gestures (not including two-finger scroll).

I want to return to the old drivers, but don’t have any recent restore points. I tried the HP support website, but it only said “We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product. Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again.”

Anywhere I can get default the Synaptics drivers for Spectre x360 back?

submitted by /u/TotallyLegitOnyx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TotallyLegitOnyx, Jul 2, 2020
  2. splus Win User

Precision touchpad and Logitech mouse gestures in a VM?

I'm looking for the best VM setup where I can use the touchpad with Precision gestures or for Logitech Master mouse with all its gestures in a VM.
    Having "just" a plain mouse in a VM, is really limiting when you are used to lots of gestures that can make your work much easier.

I tried to install Logitech Options software in VMWare, but couldn't get the mouse to be recognized because the host takes over the mouse, with both bluetooth and Logitech USB receiver. Not sure if that's possible somehow?

Would Logitech mouse gestures or Precision touchpad gestures work in Hyper-V?

I've never tried Hyper-V, btw. I just a need a good and comfortable VM for Windows host and guest, where I can do a software work as comfortably and easy as possible.

splus, Jul 2, 2020
  3. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying... :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying...

Precision touchpad not working

I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures.
    The precision touchpad worked fine before the installation. I tried to install new drivers from lenovo website but then the touchpad stopped working altogether.

shashanksingh3, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying...

1. Tried installing precision touchpad on my Spectre x360, and now gestures are broken. Trying... - Similar Threads - Tried installing precision

2. HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf: I have an HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 3Y837AV. And for the past few months I've been having constant problems with the touchpad. The touchpad either stops responding, or the cursor moves with a terrible delay. - Provider [ Name]...
  3. HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf: I have an HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 3Y837AV. And for the past few months I've been having constant problems with the touchpad. The touchpad either stops responding, or the cursor moves with a terrible delay. - Provider [ Name]...
  4. the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update: scrolling up or down will get laggy and choppy in browsers, edge and chrome. pinch zooming changes the actual page zoom as well, the zoom option you find in the top right menu. before the update, my scrolling was smooth. im using the precision driver, not the synaptics...
  5. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  6. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre: Where can I get latest Windows Precision Touchpad drivers to use on my HP Spectre ( 2017 model ) ? I tried the drivers from an earlier post on this sub and they are a huge improvement. However, I am having some issues such as the scroll icon over cursor during scrolling and...
  7. HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: I am turning to the Microsoft community for help after a number of days trying to resolve issues I am having with the touchpad on my HP Spectre x360 laptop. For some reason the touchpad is no longer scrolling, zooming, and the touchpad option menu under mice and pointing...
  8. Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI: Hello, I have msi laptop. I wanted to use precision touchpad gestures. It is working somehow, but I cannot change any of the settings. It changes in settings, but when I use it keeps working as if I didnt change it. Help me please :)...
  9. HP Spectre x360 convertible

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible: Issue with unintentionally selecting what the cursor pauses over or hovers over https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-spectre-x360-convertible/2b3130e6-c847-4056-900a-7becb47eba11
  10. Precision touchpad and Logitech mouse gestures in a VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Precision touchpad and Logitech mouse gestures in a VM?: I'm looking for the best VM setup where I can use the touchpad with Precision gestures or for Logitech Master mouse with all its gestures in a VM. Having "just" a plain mouse in a VM, is really limiting when you are used to lots of gestures that can make your work much...