Windows 10: Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to...

Discus and support Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/uApexWorm [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uApexWorm, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to...

/u/uApexWorm, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Still can't activate dolby atmos for headphones

Hi Noam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Dolby Atmos for headphones option is not showing in Spatial sound. We’ll definitely look into this for you. For us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, kindly provide us the information needed below:

1. What is the make and the model number of the computer?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?
    3. May I know, since when are you facing this issue?
    4. Are you aware of any other changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    5. Have you tried installing the
      Dolby Access
      app from Microsoft Store and checked?
    6. Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot this issue?

I’d suggest you to download the Dolby Access app from the Windows Store and check. The app will guide you to setup headphones.

Looking forward to your response so we can assist you further.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

Thanks all for assisting, I now have the option for Dolby Atmos for headphones. This was fixed by following instruction from Dolby Atmos support, completely terminating the Dolby Access process via the task manager is what
    fixed my issue. Below is the instructions sent by Doby Atmos support for anyone with the same issue to try.

Code:
    Hi there!

Thank you for reaching back out to Dolby Atmos support! 

In our testing we have found that reinstalling Dolby Access and completely restarting your device should restore Dolby Atmos.

If not, please try completely terminating the Dolby Access process via the task manager. Please note, you need to keep Dolby Access open when doing this so that is shows in the apps list. This method will not work if simply closing the app normally using the
     X button. To accomplish this:

1. Open Windows task manager: Right-click in your system taskbar and choose task manager or choose the option after pressing ctrl-alt-del.

2. Find Dolby Access in the apps list, select it, then choose the End task button. This should end the Access app and also associated background processes.

3. Double-check in the Background processes list that "runtime broker" is also ended. If listed, please end this as well. Now, please launch your Dolby Access application and configure your sound settings from directly within Dolby Access.

If this does not resolve your issue, right click the volume icon in the system tray and select 'playback devices.' Then, right click your audio device and choose 'properties.' Finally, find the Enhancements tab and uncheck 'Disable all enhancements.'

Next, please ensure your audio isn't set to Mono or one channel sound. In Windows, search for your Settings, and choose Ease of Access. In the Audio section, you will see an option to turn on MONO. Make sure this is turned OFF. Once this is off, enter your
     audio settings to configure Dolby Atmos again. 

If this is not checked, then please navigate to your ‘Apps & Features’ folder on your PC via the Cortana search bar. Within Apps & Features, ensure there are folders for both ‘Dolby Access’ and ‘Dolby Atmos for Headphones’. It is very important that you have
     both of these files as these are needed for you to be able to use Dolby Atmos for Headphones on your device.

If you see both of these files, click on ‘Dolby Atmos for Headphones’ and uninstall this from your PC. Once complete, open the Dolby Access application and reinstall Dolby Atmos for Headphones from there.

If you only see ‘Dolby Access,' please click on it and select 'Advanced Options,' then 'Reset.' Once complete, open the Dolby Access application and install Dolby Atmos for Headphones from there.

We appreciate your patience, and hope you have a wonderful day!

The Dolby Support Team

JimboJones122, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to...

Dolby atmos headphone problem

Dear All

updated Dolby access app with Dolby atoms headphone....

I tried kg but problem is sound is not clear and sound frame rate is very low...

If I play the same clip with windows sonic sound its good...

How to get clear sound in Dolby atoms head phone?

prabhukumaresan, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to...

1. Tried reinstalling the Dolby Access and Headphone app, but this happens after updating to... - Similar Threads - Tried reinstalling Dolby

2. how do i reinstall dolby access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i reinstall dolby access.: i recently bought this laptop but after few days it wasn't working as accepted so i gave it to service centre to repair it ,thay had to reset the computer,but since than i can't use Dolby access as audio output,the laptop came with Dolby subscription....
  3. Help: Dolby Atmos for Headphones Dolby Access App with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Dolby Atmos for Headphones Dolby Access App with bluetooth headphones: Hello,I'm having an issue with Dolby Atmos for Headphones and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.TLDR: Help correcting issue. Dolby Atmos for Headphones add-on for Dolby Access App purchased from the Microsoft Store installed on laptop. Worked with...
  4. Help: Dolby Atmos for Headphones Dolby Access App with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help: Dolby Atmos for Headphones Dolby Access App with bluetooth headphones: Hello,I'm having an issue with Dolby Atmos for Headphones and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.TLDR: Help correcting issue. Dolby Atmos for Headphones add-on for Dolby Access App purchased from the Microsoft Store installed on laptop. Worked with...
  5. Help: Dolby Atmos for Headphones Dolby Access App with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The Dolby Access app for Windows 10 changes after purchasing Atmos for Headphones

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Dolby Access app for Windows 10 changes after purchasing Atmos for Headphones: When I was using the 7 day trial of Atmos for Headphones, the Access app had numerous equalizer settings and looked like this:After purchasing Atmos for Headphones, the settings are gone and the Access app looks like this:Where are the equalizer settings? I paid for what I...
  7. Reinstalling Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Dolby Access: I accidentally formatted hard drive on which Dolby Atmos was installed. Now i can't install it through app store or it won't reset. If someone could help. I don't want to reset my windows. submitted by /u/Jw9305 [link] [comments]...
  8. Dolby Access App Question

Dolby Access App Question: Hi, I recently got the dolby access app and now i wanted to ask which audio setting is the best to use. Currently i have balanced on the soundtab activated but i dont know what the difference between the tabs are could someone help me out, google also doesnt give clear...
  9. Dolby Access and Atmos for Headphones stopped working.

Dolby Access and Atmos for Headphones stopped working.: Atmos for Headphones and Atmos for Home Theater were working fine and updated to the new version with improved UI but it kept telling me I should update via Windows update and when I click update, it takes me to windows update and I don't find anything. I decided to uninstall...
  10. Dolby Audio app not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Audio app not detecting headphones: Hey there, my headphones are not being detected by the Dolby Audio app & after opening the app it just shows an error message like this below, [ATTACH] but after unplugging the headphone the message goes away and I'm able to access the settings of the app. Please help....