Windows 10: Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

Discus and support Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i'm trying to do a fresh windows install via "Refresh Tool" from windows website but, after the initial setup finishes( downloading , verifying and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

So i'm trying to do a fresh windows install via "Refresh Tool" from windows website but, after the initial setup finishes( downloading , verifying and creating media) shows a frame with the windows logo then shortly after an error message pops saying "Setup couldnt start properly. Please reboot pc and try again". Tried rebooting and running as admin but didnt work...usually i do a clean install with usb drive but dont have one atm, can you guys help me out??

Could it be a antivirus related issue blocking the setup?

submitted by /u/Michaelinho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Michaelinho, Mar 19, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Mar 19, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 19, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

1. Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error. - Similar Threads - Tried Refresh Tool

2. Windows Giving Error "We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Giving Error "We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again.": Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently I wanted to sign in to an app and needed to use 2FA. Now, afterwards, when I clicked send a code to my phone number, it said refresh the browser and try again. When I did it with email, it worked for some reason.Can anyone...
  3. Windows Giving Error "We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Giving Error "We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again.": Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently I wanted to sign in to an app and needed to use 2FA. Now, afterwards, when I clicked send a code to my phone number, it said refresh the browser and try again. When I did it with email, it worked for some reason.Can anyone...
  4. Windows Giving Error "We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Refresh Windows Tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh Windows Tool not working: Hello, I need to perform a clean installation on a remote PC, and I guess right now the only option I have is to use the Windows 10 Refresh tool. But when I run the tool it says: "the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed is not supported by this...
  6. Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open: Whenever I double-click my Downloads folder, I get this error message. I will have to connect my K: drive hard disk to prevent this error. How do I restore it back to work normally without having to connect the K: drive? [ATTACH]...
  7. trying to load win 10 install tool

trying to load win 10 install tool: trying to load win 10 install tool keep getting no wimgapi.dll. on computor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-load-win-10-install-tool/9a352cfe-9467-490b-ae56-77c6301f1f53
  8. error 0x80072f86 0x20016 when using windows refresh tool

error 0x80072f86 0x20016 when using windows refresh tool: when using windows refresh tool because windows reset is failed i got error like this [ATTACH] btw i am on windows 10 single language build in from OEM thank You...
  9. There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.: I am having trouble accessing a particular webpage, but only when I am connected to my xfinity internet. My Verizon wireless internet works fine to connect to the same site. This exact problem exists on my PC, tablet and Phone. regardless of the internet browser same...
  10. What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?

What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?: Just for fun, I downloaded a copy of the Win 10 .ISO using the MCT. Some of the files (like install.esd) have today's date, 9 July 2016. I am ignorant of how to find the build number in the .ISO. Is there any chance that this is 14385, as released today? (ws.dat...