Windows 10: Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work

Discus and support Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I noticed my C: drive is almost full. So I try to change my location to D: so my content won't automatically save to C: drive and further eat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CheeKarlson, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work

Recently I noticed my C: drive is almost full. So I try to change my location to D: so my content won't automatically save to C: drive and further eat my C: drive space. but then i realized i can't change the default location to my D: drive. I went into System in my settings and change the default location to D: drive but then when i gonna install a new software i saw the default location is still on C: drive. How can I fix that?

:)

CheeKarlson, Nov 24, 2018
  2. betty8 Win User

Download problems after changing location from C to D

Yes, I have done it. and it doesn`t work.

betty8, Nov 24, 2018
  3. betty8 Win User
    Download problems after changing location from C to D

Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all or end up in temporary files and disappear. How can I fix it? Resterting computer doesn`t help. I am not very familiar with computers because of age so I would really appreaciate tips for "blondies"

betty8, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Nicrite Win User

Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work

1. Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work - Similar Threads - Tried change defult

2. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  3. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  4. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing C:/ to D:/: Hi I have a computer that has a C drive and a D drive. My C drive is much smaller than my D drive and is nearly full. Therefore I want to change the default location of programs, documents, images, downloads etc to D drive. how do I do this? see attached...
  5. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing C:/ to D:/: Hi I have a computer that has a C drive and a D drive. My C drive is much smaller than my D drive and is nearly full. Therefore I want to change the default location of programs, documents, images, downloads etc to D drive. how do I do this? see attached...
  6. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive

Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive: I want to change the location of "Documents" under "This PC" from the standard 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to 'D:\Documents'. The main reason being that the disk capacity of my C drive is quite small. I tried changing the location in properties for 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to...
  8. Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive: I followed instructions I found online to right click Documents, click on Properties, and change Location from C:\Users\Owner\Documents to D: I did that and got the message:The folder can't be moved here. Unexpected error from PerformRedirection The filename or extension is...
  9. Change Defult Storage Location

Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  10. Download problems after changing location from C to D

in Windows 10 Support
    Download problems after changing location from C to D: Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all...