Windows 10: Tried to Divert a SATA port lacking issue with a PCIe substitute.

Discus and support Tried to Divert a SATA port lacking issue with a PCIe substitute. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to resolve a Sata port issue on my board, (and by Port issue, I'm referring to the lack thereof, considering it only has 2 ports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Apr 17, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Tried to Divert a SATA port lacking issue with a PCIe substitute.

I'm currently trying to resolve a Sata port issue on my board, (and by Port issue, I'm referring to the lack thereof, considering it only has 2 ports on it.) My original solution was using a PCIe Sata Expansion card. Only the problem was my board has a PCIe 1.0, and not the 2.0 I had apparently ordered. None of this was cheap, and I'm about to flood my amazon with refund orders. What Can I do to find, an EXACT similar motherboard type to the one I already own + 6 sata, and more PCIe expansion buses at the south of the board? I really enjoy this board for only the fact that it also sports a wireless NIC slot built in, but honestly at this point, replacing the motherboard entirely, is seemingly where I'm headed now.

:)

SotoPrior, Apr 17, 2018

2. BSOD before Windows starts - only when secondary HDDs are plugged in

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried a total of 6 SATA ports, both traditional SATA and SATA Express. I have a set of 2 more untested ports, but it feels unlikely that will fix.

Martin Leb, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Installation on USB External Drive

Hi everyone

Bit of an issue....

I have a pc that was running Win10

Hard disk failure - replaced disk and the BIOS isn't seeing it. Tried another..same

Seems the mobo SATA ports have problems

I picked up a PCIe 4 port (2x int, 2x ext) card, thinking I was clever - connect the disk to that internally, use my Win10 media to install onto

What I didn't think through was that the PCIe card needs drivers, which I have....

But to install the disk I need the drivers, to install the drivers I need to see the disk! : )

I've then picked up a SATA HD caddy, dropped the drive in and connected to to my laptop by USB

Can anyone tell me please 1. if its possible to install Win10 onto the drive in the caddy 2. Is there then a way to install the PCIe card drivers onto that disk before it goes back into the pc?

If anyone can help or give suggestions, I'd really appreciate it

Thanks

Steve

SteveArcadela, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

I would suggest you look into the Asus Motherboards most of them have supported M.2 PCIe 3 NVME with 2 slots for the last 3 years or so. From the Z97 through current models. If you go for an older model like the Z97 be sure to check the newer ones supported NVMe the original versions only support M.2 SATA and would us up two of your 6 SATA ports. Just check spec's before you buy the manuals for most MB are downloadable

Clintlgm, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Tried to Divert a SATA port lacking issue with a PCIe substitute. - Similar Threads - Tried Divert SATA

2. Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III: I had to install the OS first on native sata ports and then I inserted the pcie card which gives me frequent crashes and does not boot with inaccessible boot device error.I managed to get it started, but every time I have to do a clean install it are problems. In device...
  3. PCIe SATA advice required please

PCIe SATA advice required please: I've hit the limit of 6TB drives with my motherboard although no mention of it in the manual and zero response from the manufacturer. So I need a PCIe card which will enable a couple of SATA 8TB drives - no RAID. Have tried one today and apparently that had a 4TB limit...
  4. E - SATA Port

E - SATA Port: On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757
  5. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card: I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would...
  6. Sata ports question

Sata ports question: Hello all, i have just built a new ryzen PC, with a Asus B450 F MB , and i just got a Samsung M.2 970 EVO 500 Gig to replace my current 850 Evo, from what i understand my MB uses sata ports 5&6, i currently have 2 devices connected to those ports. would moving those two to...
  7. SATA port are not working??

SATA port are not working??: Glad you got it fixed. Sounds like the CMOS got "confused" and the reset allowed it to detect what was actually present. Good job! --Ed--
  8. How to test a SATA port

How to test a SATA port: Hey Guys, Boy I sure hope that this thread doesn't go as long as the other one. BUT...a problem a raised when I disconnected all drives in the last thread "System Image Problem" After all was fixed on recovering the Image, I plugged in all SATA ports and I found that...
  9. How to install PCIE SATA 3 board

How to install PCIE SATA 3 board: Hello all, First post. I'm trying to install a Sedna SE-PCIE-SATA6G-02, PCIE SATA III 2-port adapter into my computer but it doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows 10. I've recently added an SSD drive to my system and had to load the AHCI driver by booting into safe...
  10. SATA port not working

SATA port not working: Hi all, I hope that this thread doesn't go as long as the other one, but you never know. In my last thread, that dealt with recovering data on a bad windows 10 disk image, towards the end of it I mentioned that Windows Explorer lost recognition to one of my DVD's. I...