Windows 10: Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work

Discus and support Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My USB tethering wasn't working correctly on my desktop a computer that can't connect to wifi and only has an ethernet connection, but the internet was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neon00, May 16, 2020.

1. Neon00 Win User

Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work

My USB tethering wasn't working correctly on my desktop a computer that can't connect to wifi and only has an ethernet connection, but the internet was being blocked by parental controls at the time. I was frustrated as my desktop would recognize that the tethering was working, but wouldn't connect to any websites or applications requiring internet to function. So I looked up an earlier thread on here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-android/e523d204-6cbb-4962-b164-5251116d1eae and one of the suggestions It looks to be the last one on there was to update "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" with "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" in order to get USB tethering to function.

After I updated it, not only did USB tethering stop functioning at all, but even after the parental restrictions were lifted on the desktop, I could no longer connect to the internet previously like I used to be able to. Neither "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" nor "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" appear in my network adapters. The only things that appear under network adapters are:

- Killer E4200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

- WAN Miniport IKEv2

- WAN Miniport IP

- WAN Miniport IPv6

- WAN Miniport L2TP

- WAN Miniport Network Monitor

- WAN Miniport PPPOE

- WAN Miniport PPTP

- WAN Miniport SSTP

Is there any possible way to reverse what I did so that my ethernet connection works again? I'm honestly not sure what to do anymore.

:)

Neon00, May 16, 2020
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, May 16, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 16, 2020
  4. Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work

Windows 10 doesn t recognize ethernet cable

I've recently upgraded from win7 to win10, and it says cable is unplugged or broken now, but it was working perfectly fine right before the update. Tried resetting the network settings, and updating the driver automatically with windows by using USB tethering
    to the last version, still not working. Used half and full duplex settings. The cable just won t be recognized

The driver is Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

Date: 3/21/2017

Version: 12.15.25.6

mosteanudragos, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work

1. Tried to fix USB tethering problem - Ethernet connection now doesn't work - Similar Threads - Tried fix USB

2. Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...: Tried to bridge the connection between my Wireless Wifi and ethernet. All of a sudden my ethernet status goes down and now says "network cable unplugged", even though its not. Ethernet cable is brand new too. Motherboard is a ASUS Tuf B760M Wifi DDR5...
  3. My usb tethering doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb tethering doesn't work: I have tried many things including updating my network drivers, changing my driver to Remote NDIS based internet sharing, editing the registry, nothing seems to work pls help asap...
  4. My usb tethering doesn't work

My usb tethering doesn't work: I have tried many things including updating my network drivers, changing my driver to Remote NDIS based internet sharing, editing the registry, nothing seems to work pls help asap...
  5. My usb tethering doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. usb tethering not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. usb tethering not working

usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. usb tethering not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. USB Tethering Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  10. USB Tethering Not Working

USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wan miniport for tethering