Windows 10: Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine

Discus and support Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think the problem may have been that the computer was not unplugged, merely turned off. Just a guess. The motherboard has two slots for DDR4. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonNewYork, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine

I think the problem may have been that the computer was not unplugged, merely turned off. Just a guess.

The motherboard has two slots for DDR4. The machine had one and I bought another.

We plugged it in and booted up the computer.

It did boot up but still showed 8GB of RAM, so we powered it down and tried to reseat it.

When we started it up, now the power light was blinking and the fan would start and then stop.

If it's hosed, I'll take the HD out and put it as a second HD in my new machine.

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 2, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

DDR4 2400MHz C14 or DDR4 2133MHz C13

neither is better. thy are likely the same thing, with near identical performance. As suggested, some user report issue with BIOS compatibility with Corsair DDR4 (more than is normal), so be sure the memory is on your board's QVL list (although 2400 MHz is rather slow for DDR4, 3000-3200 MHz is where real performance benefit of DDR4 begins)

cadaveca, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Asus Xonar D2 won't install in Win 10

Hi Podge,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

What happens when you try to install the software?

I suggest you to re -install the software and check.

Try the following steps to un-install:

• Right click on Start menu, click Programs and features
    • Select Asus Xonar D2 highlight it and uninstall
    • Now download and -reinstall the software and check if that helps.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Andreas Win User

Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine

Bsod on my asus laptop, error: netio.sys

Hello dear forum members,

since 24.9.2016 I have a annoying problem with my laptop. On this day a lot of updates were installed and since this moment I have one or two bsod every day. They most occur while I am using google chrome or switching from chrome to a other program.

Edit: I am working on an Asus G501VW with an:

• i6700HQ (2.6ghz),
    • GeForce GTX960M (4gb)
    • 8gb OEM 260pin SO-DIMM DDR4 - DDR4 2133 MHz (4gb are solid, 4 are removable)
    • motherboard: Intel HM170 (Skylake PCH-H)

I have red to posting instructions, and I hope that I haven't forgotten anything important. If you need something else, please let me know.

And I am sorry for my bad english, I haven't written something in english since years....

Sincerely

Andreas, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine

1. Tried to install 8GB DDR4 on my Asus but hosed the machine - Similar Threads - Tried install 8GB

2. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  3. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  4. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  6. 20H2 hosed my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 hosed my system: This is my wife's computer that I am trying to fix. She works in education and needs her system back. So far ASUS and MS are not a real big help. I cannot go back to the previous windows because we left on a 1 week trip to visit our new grand daughter and come back to a total...
  7. 40-50% ram usage with nothing causing it Specs: Gtx 1660 8gb ddr4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    40-50% ram usage with nothing causing it Specs: Gtx 1660 8gb ddr4: 40-50% ram usage with nothing causing it Specs: Gtx 1660 8gb ddr4 Forgot motherboard name I have 40-50 ram usage with no tasks causing it, I tried making sure my internet drivers weren’t leaking, I ran windows defender and malwarebytes scan and I could not find anything,...
  8. Finally straightened out my ASUS Radeon RX580 8GB

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Finally straightened out my ASUS Radeon RX580 8GB: Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 professional. It was a royal PIA which has been recounted elsewhere. The copy I got directly from Microsoft did the trick. I continued to have considerable trouble with my GPU. The RX580 would frequently freeze, and I was experiencing...
  9. Samsung develops first 3rd gen 10 nm class 8GB DDR4 DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung develops first 3rd gen 10 nm class 8GB DDR4 DRAM: New 8Gb DDR4 based on most advanced 1z-nm process enables DRAM solutions with ultra-high performance and power efficiency The 1z-nm 8Gb DDR4 to be in mass production in the second half of this year [ATTACH] SEOUL, Korea ―March 21, 2019 ―Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.,...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...