Windows 10: Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem

Discus and support Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have a Samsung 1-T EVO SSD with Win 8.1 Pro. I downloaded the latest Win 10 technical preview and downloaded it to my C: drive which is the EVO SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jayefayed, Apr 27, 2015.

1. jayefayed Win User

Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem

Have a Samsung 1-T EVO SSD with Win 8.1 Pro. I downloaded the latest Win 10 technical preview and downloaded it to my C: drive which is the EVO SSD. Formatted a new USB media drive and once the download was done I I opened up the download of the Win 10 and dragged all the files to the USM media drive. I then hit setup on the media drive and it started installing Win 10 (could not stop it) on the C drive. I wanted it to go through the install process where it ask me what drive I wanted to install it to but instead it just kept installing over the Win 8.1 Pro on my C drive.

When Win 10 finally installed it could not find my cloud drive and I could not get the internet to work. Could not find my Norton internet or windows defender and other programs. After frustration for over an hour luckily I went to recovery and hit refresh my computer and thank God it reverted back to my original Win 8.1 Pro.

Can someone please tell me how to get Win 10 preview to work. I want to see it and see it actually work. I appreciate your fast response and help. I tried to find ISO file in the files but could not. I think when I dragged the files to the USB media device the ISO file was there.

I love this Forum.........Great Job!

Thank You

Jaye Fayed
    Everett, WA

:)

jayefayed, Apr 27, 2015

2. What A Mess

Originally signed up for preview from valid Win 8.1. Took every update in preview and installed. Participated in feedback. When the 29th rolled around, I downloaded and installed it. BUT it cannot be activated. MS dropped product keys in the preview.

Without product key, I downloaded the ISO file and tried reinstalling Win 10 using setup.exe. It reinstalled but still no product key to use for Activation. In desperation, decided to download the Win 8 ISO, reinstall it, enter my valid key for that version,
    then reinstall Win 10.

Win 8 install fails. "Something happened" error code.

so now what's left to try?

SteveElwood, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Window 10 install issue, not able to upgrade the preview version to RTM version

I got the win 10 .iso and burned it to a disk, I was able to install it with no problems on my laptop running win, but my wife's laptop was upgraded to the tech preview version of win10 used to be a win computer, tried to update it to the rim win 10 and
    it is asking for a key and it will not take her win 7 key. So do I have to wipe her computer reinstall win then upgrade it to 10? Not happy as I was lead to belive it would take the win key.

Brian Hendricks, Apr 27, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I've created the .iso file to burn a new DVD but the source was the install.esd file on my Win10 computer. Like with all the installs of Windows one can't simply drag files to a different device and have them be bootable. This is a page about the way to install on a USB drive but I haven't tried it yet:
    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Berton, Apr 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem - Similar Threads - Tried install Preview

2. A problem installing win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A problem installing win 10 pro: I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10 home) out of the Toshiba and installed a 500GB SATA HD. The 500GB HD has been wiped clean. The Win 10 Pro install starts ok and...
  3. Trying and failing to install Win 10

Trying and failing to install Win 10: Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7 installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-and-failing-to-install-win-10/c61bd241-7200-462a-8f2f-d401b90f4e3a
  4. Print Preview in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Preview in Win 10: How do I reinstate Print Preview to my HP Printer in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-preview-in-win-10/b764e5e2-dd2b-429b-96eb-6b3720afadae
  5. Win 10 install problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 install problem: My problem is: I bought a product key online. I followed the instructions, downloaded win 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop, original win 7 home. When installing from either ISO or USB, I get the following error: 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase,...
  6. Win 10 installation problem

Win 10 installation problem: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  7. Inside preview install problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inside preview install problems: I just updated to the latest Insider Fast Ring build. I cannot use my mouse or any associated wireless devices. I have plugged them into another machine and they work. All I have is the Windows screensaver visible. Neither my mouse or my keyboard works. I have also replaced...
  8. win 10 insider preview

win 10 insider preview: Windows Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 failed to install - error code 0x8042400d. Can somebody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-insider-preview/7d3b2358-9496-4288-af8f-86b4853d0abe
  9. win 10 technical preview

win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  10. win 10 preview

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 preview: hi im interested in downloading & installing the new windows 10 tecnical preview but have a few questions. -can i dual boot it with my current os. -how stable is it? will i be able to install software & games? generally use it as a main os. -is there a time limit?...