Windows 10: Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...

Discus and support Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was able to succesfully move all the other folders (ie documents, videos, etc) but when i try to move the contacts folder it says there is a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RonenSalathe, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...

I was able to succesfully move all the other folders (ie documents, videos, etc) but when i try to move the contacts folder it says there is a folder in the same location that cant be redirected

submitted by /u/RonenSalathe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RonenSalathe, Dec 30, 2020
  2. RBS95 Win User

I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder

3. In the Reece folder, create a new folder named Pictures. You will now see two Pictures folders, the original one with a pictures icon, the new one as a plain folder.

When I try to follow this step I get asked if I want to merge the folder

Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my... [​IMG]

Do I select Yes?

RBS95, Dec 30, 2020
  3. RBS95 Win User

Yes I do remember that warning message, I don't know why I chose to ignore that. Bree described the course of events correctly, I believe I selected inside the c:\users\reece folder expecting it to put my Pictures folder there, not realising that it infact required me to create a folder inside c:\users\reece called Pictures and then select that folder first.

C:\Users\reece\Pictures and C:\Users\Pictures\Pictures are both identical with the same contents, and after just doing my first WinKey+PrntScrn the Screenshots folder appears in both of those locations.

C:\users\reece looks like this

Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my... [​IMG]

while C:\users\pictures looks like this

The only difference I can tell is that C:\users\reece contains the Videos folder that is correctly linked from my D: drive and is a vertical list, whereas C:\users\pictures doesn't and is a horizontal list.

EDIT: Fixed attachments, they broke because i changed pages while typing the quick reply which must have broken the attachments

RBS95, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...

Suggest: Restore default junctions.Make a backup first:

Then restore defaults using Win10DefaultJunctions.ntj file.

Junction Box download | SourceForge.net

Callender, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...

1. Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my... - Similar Threads - Tried move folders

2. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  3. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  4. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different...: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  6. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different...

I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different...: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  7. accidentally move my music to users folder.

accidentally move my music to users folder.: I accidentally move my music folder to users folder. and make my download folder and my videos folder in same location as my music folder. I insert the pictures of this mistake *sorry for my bad english...
  8. accidentally move my music to users folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally move my music to users folder.: I accidentally move my music folder to users folder. and make my download folder and my videos folder in same location as my music folder. I insert the pictures of this mistake *sorry for my bad english...
  9. I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.: So I have a relatively small sized ssd and some of my game files are taking up space.I've been told that it's not a good idea to move my user folder entirely and I should only move the subfolders I want. My question is what are the folders that I shouldn't touch/move and...
  10. I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder: I have a laptop with an SSD and a HDD, so I decided I would move the Videos and Pictures folders to my HDD to save some room on the SSD. So, C:\Users\reece\Videos changed to D:\Videos as intended. I tried the same with Pictures and Documents but then changed my mind so tried...