Windows 10: Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

Discus and support Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to do a factory restore, and it was unable to complete the function. I only had a few things on there, so I was doing a complete clean of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngelEyes123, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

I went to do a factory restore, and it was unable to complete the function. I only had a few things on there, so I was doing a complete clean of all documents. I followed all prompts and yet, after waiting for almost an hour, it would come back and say that it could not complete and that nothing had been changed.

I tried the repair your computer function as well as the diagnose your computer function. It came back as there was a missing installation file. That I would need to re-install windows 10.

I cannot find the disks that the computer came with...I don't think I made a backup of the system when I got it second hand. So I came to this site to see what could be done.

I was led to download the multitool and create a USB boot disk. This I did. Everything seemed to be working fine. However, when I turned off the computer, inserted the USB and started the computer. That is when the main problems now begin.

The computer went through the initial start-up and stated that it was reinstalling windows. It would go through and get everything ready and then would act like it was installing and then stop about 1/2 way through the installation and go back to the beginning. This happened several times.

The answers in the forum stated that I wouldn't need the product key because I had home 10 initially installed on the computer and that was what I was trying to put on there.

It did not work...put my old windows into a "windows.old: file somewhere I guess. Stated that I was now under windows2 or something like that.

However, it would not completely install and now my working, but slow computer is not functioning at all.

I pulled the boot USB that I created for my laptop as a final try. I turned off the desktop and inserted this. The computer recognized it right away still a base 10 home and tried to boot from it. It would go extremely slowly but after an hour, and it stated that it was recovering my PC, it would go to the next step I forget what it is called now and get almost all the way to being finished only to say that it failed. Ran this one 3 times as well.

Please help. I HAD a working computer that I just wanted to reset to the factory settings. Now I have a large paperweight.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get my computer back?

:)

AngelEyes123, Apr 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Cvrk, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything.

1. Tried to re-install Windows 10 and now can not get computer to do anything. - Similar Threads - Tried install computer

2. Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error: Hello, Today I bought Minecraft win10 and tried to download it but it wont work. I've tried to retry the download multiple times but every time I just get an error I have also tried downloading some of my games I have already owned and they wouldn't work either I've tried...
  3. Can't do anything now on windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't do anything now on windows: I had a problem opening *.exe files on windows 10 Home 64bits. Nothing worked because I was unable to run regedit or command as administrator, nor group policy or cmdinst, absolutely nothing. So I had to reset windows and delete everything using the options provided in...
  4. Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Win 10, now I can not install or remove anything on my computer: I upgraded from win 101 home to win 10 pro from a Microsoft HP Site a few months ago and it looked like it installed as when I checked my system menu it showed win 10. A few weeks ago I wanted to install some new items but when I tried to install I received a new window from...
  5. Re-installed windows, now it's deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installed windows, now it's deactivated: Pretty much as the title says. I re-installed windows because it didn't work, and now it's not activated anymore. I tried using the get help app and it came really close to working but then told me to call them or ask the forums, so here I am. How do I get windows activated...
  6. Tried installing Windows 10 via USB now computer will not boot!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried installing Windows 10 via USB now computer will not boot!: PLEASE LOOK AT THIRD REPLY TO THIS : Hi guys. I just got a new Hybrid HDD It's got a bit of an SSD on it as well as HDD; mostly HDD, it's for gaming. Anyway that's not the point. The point is I have been trying to make enough space on my 2 TB HDD so that I can clone it onto...
  7. Errors Trying To Re-install Windows 10

Errors Trying To Re-install Windows 10: I have a Dell 15 5567 laptop that is out of warranty. I want to give it to a friend so I wanted to do a factory restore. I followed the Windows factory restore and it didn’t work. I then proceeded to use my recovery flash drive that I made when I first got the laptop....
  8. tried re installing windows 10 and now im unable to logon too computer completely

tried re installing windows 10 and now im unable to logon too computer completely: I tried re installing windows 10 and now im unable to logon too computer completely it pulls up toher user instead of my microsoft account to get on the computer i tried all microsoft passwords changing passwor nothing works it has two sign in options one is phone number...
  9. Installed Windows 10 now can not get administrative privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installed Windows 10 now can not get administrative privileges: I new help updated to windows 10 from windows 7 get message you are not administrator enter password but nowhere to enter password I am blocked from making any changes can't even reinstall windows I did do the reboot with the shift key and restart key tried choose different...
  10. Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD

Windows 10 access issues now trying to re-install from ISO on DVD: In another thread on this forum my Window10 (upgraded OK from W7 pro 64) got so screwed up that I was recommended to re-install W10 from a fresh ISO download. On my laptop I eventually generated the ISO on a DVD. But now what do I do? I only have a few hours to use the...