Windows 10: Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts

Discus and support Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently went through steps I found on YouTube on how to disable sign in password/PIN on start up. Now, when my computer starts up, it tries to sign... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jordansmom769, May 27, 2020.

1. Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts

I recently went through steps I found on YouTube on how to disable sign in password/PIN on start up. Now, when my computer starts up, it tries to sign in to a 2nd account in my name which I did not create and says the password is wrong, try again. In the first attached picture, the account with my picture on it is the account I want. And it STILL asks for a PIN. When I go to control panel/manage accounts, the other account is not even showing. Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts 2bcb231d-46c3-4355-820f-a6ca05f16ef4?upload=true.jpg Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts 5e840ae6-bd9c-47e6-b14d-b26f763d1948?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jordansmom769, May 27, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 27, 2020
  3. How to remove PIN when signing into Windows 10 Version 1703?

Hello William,

There are many ways to sign in to your PC. Follow these steps to remove PIN when signing in to your PC:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 27, 2020
  4. Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts

1. Tried to remove sign in PIN now I have 2 accounts - Similar Threads - Tried remove sign

2. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL: Hello I want to stop using a pin to enter my windows 10, I went into the registry via>>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptionschanged the allow sign in Option to 0 from a 1 it took away the pin but when i went to sign in the...
  3. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL: Hello I want to stop using a pin to enter my windows 10, I went into the registry via>>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptionschanged the allow sign in Option to 0 from a 1 it took away the pin but when i went to sign in the...
  4. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have a PIN but not Microsoft Hello - how do I remove or edit the PIN now?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have a PIN but not Microsoft Hello - how do I remove or edit the PIN now?: I use a PIN to log into my device - since the updates and introduction of Microsoft Hello, my laptop says the function is not enabled in settings, so I cannot remove it or change it. This is a personal Microsoft 365 account, but my daughter uses Teams for school on it, and...
  6. remove Sign in pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove Sign in pin: Hello, how do I remove the sign in pin on windows 10? Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-sign-in-pin/4521be7a-7f0b-4ff1-bce9-bfa20d3e88a4
  7. Removing Windows Pin Sign-In

Removing Windows Pin Sign-In: I use either my password, face id, or touch id to login to my Dell XPS13. Works fine mostly but every now and then it asks for my PIN. This annoys the heck out of me - I DO NOT KNOW MY PIN, and REFUSE TO MEMORIZE ONE in addition to my password. I tried removing the PIN...
  8. Microsoft Account- Tried to fix a blurry image, now I have 2 images.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account- Tried to fix a blurry image, now I have 2 images.: I updated my computer and then the account started displaying blurry image. I tried to fix it using user.bmp and now it is showing 2 images. [ATTACH] * Original title: Microsoft Account...
  9. Unable to remove pin sign-in

Unable to remove pin sign-in: Hello, I'm trying to remove pin sign-in from my PC but the 'remove' button wont respond when I clicked on it. It looks like locked or something, anyone know why? Thanks. Additional info, I enabled fingerprint sign-in, tried to remove the fingerprint sign-in, hoping the...
  10. Attempting to remove Password/Pin and now have a problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Attempting to remove Password/Pin and now have a problem.: I was trying to follow instructions on utube to remove my pin and password – (mainly experimenting as attempting to help a friend whose HP Laptop keeps messing up on the sign in and locking her out so figure she is better without a pin) BUT in the process I somehow added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable pin in windows 10

2. how to bypass pin sign in windows 10

3. remove sign in account