Windows 10: Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space"

Discus and support Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop has been stuck on the “getting windows ready dont shut down your computer” screen for days. We decided to reset the laptop after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mea 16, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mea 16 Win User

Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space"

My windows 10 laptop has been stuck on the “getting windows ready dont shut down your computer” screen for days. We decided to reset the laptop after seeing that that resolved the problem. We attempted to do a factory reset from this screen, but it says “not enough disc space” so we have litterally nothing else we can do, as the pc is stuck on this screen. Anyone know of any other ways to fix it? (I already tried waiting- i left it for 1 1/2 days and still no result)

:)

mea 16, Aug 10, 2018
  2. mea 16 Win User

Tried to reset my laptop, but it says “not enough disc space”

My windows 10 laptop has been stuck on the “getting windows ready dont shut down your computer” screen for days. We decided to reset the laptop after seeing that that resolved the problem. We attempted to do a factory reset from this screen, but it says
    “not enough disc space” so we have litterally nothing else we can do, as the pc is stuck on this screen. Anyone know of any other ways to fix it? (I already tried waiting- i left it for 1 1/2 days and still no result)

mea 16, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Not enough disc space to reset/ will not log in

HELP!

It is the week of finals and a students worst nightmares are coming true.

A couple of weeks ago OneNote for windows was not syncing and giving problems despite resetting etc. I downloaded microsoft 365 so I can use the optimize tool on my notebook this worked for a while... then it started running low on space. Ever since my labtop
    and tablet have been glitching. I did a windows update a couple days ago and have been having issues since.

Using the suggestions given to get more disc space, my laptop shut off. Since then I have not been able to log back into my account. It says i am offline and use the last password... of course I tried this and still no luck, when running command prompt the
    password works, I am unable to try and pull up the hidden administration account, I tried to see if I could get it connected to the internet but I believe something may not be working right on the networking part. I have been at this for far too long so I
    get to the point of just accepting that I need to reset it. HA! It will not even let me completely wipe it because it is low on disc space. Using an external USB is not an option I tried loading it 3 times and all times right at the end it failed to load......

Someone please help, I will be forever grateful

Spelneedsalotofhelp, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space"

free up space or resetting my laptop

i am trying to reset my laptop because it has so much junk on it. i have tried deleting all my apps i don't use, and when i try to reset it i get a message that says i need to free up more space to do so. that doesn't make sense
    to me. that's why I'm restting it. can anybody help with this? keeping in mind i am fairly computer illiterate and will definitely need a step by step.

wendylawrence1, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space"

1. Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space" - Similar Threads - Tried reset laptop

2. Reset windows with no password and not enough space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows with no password and not enough space: Hi. I currently have for my children 2 Asus Transfores T101HA, They only have 32gb eMMC storage drives which i didnt realise at the time were worthless as windows generally uses up all of the storage space. Anyways 1 of them my child has forgotten the password. I've tried to...
  3. not enough space to reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    not enough space to reset: Tryinfg to resewt my computer and will not let me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-to-reset/29e95358-eabe-4b8d-a5da-2035b0c8d3f5
  4. No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space

No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space: Hello. My name is RJ. Here is my problem: My friend has given me a RCA laptop with a detachable keyboard running Windows 10. Unfortunately, his son got his hands on it before he gave it to me and put a password on it, and now I can't get passed the login screen, and I can't...
  5. Not enough space to do a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough space to do a factory reset?: I bought a laptop off of a friend and it still needed to be restored back to factory. Its an HP stream 14 . whe I try to restore it , I get a message saying not enough space. I went a deleted everything I possibly could including the old account manually. it needed updated...
  6. popup that says low disc space

popup that says low disc space: My INSPIRON 11 3000 SERIES keeps telling me dropbox and windows update need more space and I have low disc space. I have a passport that I just received from a friend. How do I, with this machine, add more disc space?...
  7. Can't reset my Windows 10 laptop because there's not enough space

Can't reset my Windows 10 laptop because there's not enough space: I have uninstalled every program I am able to, and I am still unable to reset my computer because it says I need 3 more gigabytes of space. I only have 500 MB of installed programs that I can remove. I am ready to throw this thing out of a 10 story window......
  8. Windows 10 keeps trying to update but there's not enough disc space

Windows 10 keeps trying to update but there's not enough disc space: I have deleted all that I feel I safely can and there's still not enough room. I need assistance on what else I can delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-trying-to-update-but-theres-not/adf31393-c7ae-4b1a-81e6-2a41f8af00e0
  9. Not enough space to factory reset

Not enough space to factory reset: As the titles says, there is not enough space to factory reset my laptop or for a clean install, the reason I want to factory reset is because my laptop's performance has plummeted after it tried to update. I've deleted all programs I downloaded and I ran disk cleaner and...
  10. Not enough disc space to reset/ will not log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough disc space to reset/ will not log in: HELP! It is the week of finals and a students worst nightmares are coming true. A couple of weeks ago OneNote for windows was not syncing and giving problems despite resetting etc. I downloaded microsoft 365 so I can use the optimize tool on my notebook this worked for a...