Windows 10: Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming...

Discus and support Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Last weekend I tried to separate my long term account to go just to my son. I didn't mind starting my own account, didn't use most of it anyway, I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by VickiKY, Jul 20, 2021.

1. VickiKY Win User

Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming...

Last weekend I tried to separate my long term account to go just to my son. I didn't mind starting my own account, didn't use most of it anyway, I couldn't delete his account completely and right then. so I gave a new email address to his forever account and figured after 30 days the old one would close and everything would be good. Not even close! I changed his email in XBox and Microsoft so I though that was good. His xbox just blinks and opens like 10 screens on his computer> Very important: ALL COMPUTER, no xBox anymore. I was tired of everything he did on his computer, my computer did

:)

VickiKY, Jul 20, 2021
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming...

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

1. Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming... - Similar Threads - Tried separate account

2. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  3. Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Q have had Microsoft for many years and in the last two years Google took over my account...: How can I change back to Microsoft and get rid of google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-have-had-microsoft-for-many-years-and-in-the/5b4c07de-c6bc-405f-9acb-29cccb99d277
  4. Multiple BSOD for many years

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  5. Multiple identical accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple identical accounts: Since I upgraded from Windows 10 2004, the Settings app has been reporting 2 identical accounts, however Control Panel reports only one. When I had problems with Windows Hello, I signed out from the MS account so now I have a Local Account, however I can no longer sign in...
  6. Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?: Hello moderators, I used to have an account in the past, about 3-4 years ago, but I only had 1 or 2 posts and no warnings. I stopped using it when my issue with my PC was solved by a member on this site. This site has really helped me a lot with my PC. I no longer have...
  7. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  8. Microsoft Mahjong will not let me play. Ihave had this game for many years but now i am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong will not let me play. Ihave had this game for many years but now i am...: Microsoft Mahjong error code 0x803F8001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mahjong-will-not-let-me-play-ihave-had/75bffc2b-d9bb-4ad4-832f-509a5b5a19a1
  9. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  10. Many Separate Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Separate Accounts: I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not...