Tried to uninstall an app, got RunDLL error "There was a problem..."

Discus and support Tried to uninstall an app, got RunDLL error "There was a problem..." in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was trying to update drivers/software for a 3D mouse but it wouldn't install while the old version was still on my machine. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MAAD17, Jun 3, 2018.

1. MAAD17 Win User

Hi everyone. I was trying to update drivers/software for a 3D mouse but it wouldn't install while the old version was still on my machine. I tried to uninstall the software so that I could install the updated software but every time I try to uninstall, I get a RunDLL error.

"There was a problem starting C:\Program

The specified module could not be found."

I can't install the updated software/drivers until I fix this. And I need to update those drivers or the 3D mouse barely functions in a working environment. It works less than 10% of the time and even when it does work, the movements are insanely slow. I know it's not the mouse itself because it works perfectly in the (outdated) testing/calibration environment that comes with it that I'm trying to uninstall in order to replace with much newer drivers from the manufacturer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

MAAD17, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Rundll Error Message

Hi Giota,

I am sorry to know that you are getting a Rundll error.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the Command Prompt window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 4, 2018
  3. L2Boogie Win User
    Problems with the windows photo app and a script error while using internet explorer.

Hello all,

Can someone shed some light on my issues at hand. I have searched the forum in hopes of correcting my problem, but it seems that the results have been less the perfect. Computers!

1. I believe windows updated itself to which the photo app stop working on all computers in the household. I found a fix within the forum stating how to uninstall the "Photo App" through windows powershell. I completed the steps, then proceeded to the app
    store to re-download the "photo app" and I received this error code (0x80072F8F). If I click on a photo now, I get an error stating Rundll (specified module could not be found) is missing. This is probably because of the Photo app being uninstalled, right?

2. So I tried to set up a new user account and transfer files to the new account, again found this in the forum, and to my prevail the steps did not work. I'm not batting well here.

• Which step should I take, try fixing the error problem or create a user account?
    3. And my last issue is a script error in internet explorer. This started after I updated to Windows 10, due Microsoft edge doesn't allow plugins (McAfee).

Can someone please help me streamline my problems with solutions, before I reformat the household?

Thank you in advance!

L2Boogie, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tried to uninstall an app, got RunDLL error "There was a problem..." - Similar Threads - Tried uninstall app

2. error 1603

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error 1603: I tried to install quick total security antivirus many times but not able to install it please help me. I m getting error 1603 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-1603/c2794e90-8ec0-4181-a136-b57fbebb389e
  3. Trying to reset My PC

Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...
  4. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  5. Error 0x810002013 > Annoying Experience

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Error 0x810002013 > Annoying Experience: Hello, Operating Systen: Windows 10 Home, 66 bit. Every year I like to try Kaspersky Total security for the allowed period of 1 month. As last year also this year at the end of the 30 days i un-installed the softer by using the tool by Kaspersky for this specific function....
  6. CMD.EXE error 0x0000142 in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD.EXE error 0x0000142 in windows 10: CMD.EXE error 0x0000142 in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cmdexe-error-0x0000142-in-windows-10/8866ddbd-995e-4f16-9fde-986ebdce22bc
  7. focusrite drive error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    focusrite drive error: drive error on windows 10 This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Drive Not Ready} The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive %hs and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed. how do i solve it?...
  8. Error joining home group in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error joining home group in windows 10.: I am using version 1803 of windows 10 and in this version the option of joining home group is not available. please give an alternate solution so that i can join the home group and access other systems on the network....
  9. cannot download apps from store

cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  10. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total) ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU What files do I need to post?...