Windows 10: Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

Discus and support Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delly10, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Delly10 Win User

Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for Avast is still on my home screen, Task Manager still shows it to be running, and I keep getting pop-up notifications from Avast. But when I use any uninstaller to locate Avast in order to get rid of it, it doesn't show up anywhere. So what do I do now?

:)

Delly10, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Sutado Win User

Uninstalled Avast to use Windows Defender, tells me to uninstall Avast...

So I had Avast on my computer as my anti-virus program, and was really annoyed at the pop-ups I'd constantly get, so I uninstalled it, and decided to use Windows Defender.

I tried to turn on real time protection, but it tells me uninstall Avast first....I not only uninstalled avast, but I deleted it's remnants from where it was kept in my hard drive.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

~

Sutado, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Maromer Win User
    Avast Uninstall

I tried Avast and did not like it at all. Tried to uninstalled and it did not work. It shows on by boot system. Call Avast to no avail. How can I get rid of Avast once and for all!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Maromer, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

1. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. - Similar Threads - Tried uninstall Avast

2. Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade: Login screen background was displayed. No mouse pointer, keyboard ignored except for Ctrl-Alt-Del in which case the password entry field appears, but I couldn't type into that password field, so cannot login *Sad Arrghhh! I thought we'd got past this sort of issue. I...
  3. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  4. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  5. How to Uninstall Avast?

How to Uninstall Avast?: I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-avast/068290b9-8558-4e42-9067-8c1cb2809174
  6. Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast: I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost...
  7. Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.

Windows Store - Couldn't install we'll try again later.: Anyone getting this? Have tried re-signing in but no dice. 123515
  8. Avast update still appears after uninstall

Avast update still appears after uninstall: I uninstalled Avast Free Anti-Virus, although for some reason every time I boot up my computer, it still gives me the notification that Avast is still installed, but not up-to-date and not protecting my PC. This is not the first time I have encountered this glitch, I had...
  9. windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program

windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program: When running certain programs which were running under windows7 on another computer and are now uninstalled are now attempting to reinstall with windows installer over and over again. It gets interrupted with an error message and then starts all over again. The program...
  10. Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop: So I thought I'd try out free version of Avast. Well, after few weeks of getting rocked by popups, I uninstalled it(from programs and features) and rebooted it, thinking life is good now. Hell naw it ain't good now, not at all. I'm stuck in Automatic Repair loop. Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avast free windows 10 1903