Windows 10: Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

Discus and support Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Delly10, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Delly10 Win User

Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for Avast is still on my home screen, Task Manager still shows it to be running, and I keep getting pop-up notifications from Avast. But when I use any uninstaller to locate Avast in order to get rid of it, it doesn't show up anywhere. So what do I do now?

:)

Delly10, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Sutado Win User

Uninstalled Avast to use Windows Defender, tells me to uninstall Avast...

So I had Avast on my computer as my anti-virus program, and was really annoyed at the pop-ups I'd constantly get, so I uninstalled it, and decided to use Windows Defender.

I tried to turn on real time protection, but it tells me uninstall Avast first....I not only uninstalled avast, but I deleted it's remnants from where it was kept in my hard drive.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

~

Sutado, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Maromer Win User
    Avast Uninstall

I tried Avast and did not like it at all. Tried to uninstalled and it did not work. It shows on by boot system. Call Avast to no avail. How can I get rid of Avast once and for all!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Maromer, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

1. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't. - Similar Threads - Tried uninstall Avast

2. How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely: Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance....
  3. Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast: Hello,Today I uninstalled Avast for the second time and now my keyboard won't light up. My trackpad is working though. I've looked through some forums but I couldn't find anything helpful. What should I do?By the way, 2 days ago I uninstalled it again. My keyboard went from...
  4. avast antivirus clear uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  5. NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...

NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...: I read your Q&A regarding this issue. Have tried and uninstall Avast, but now it is BACK! Now you say I am to download avast-clear from AVAST!?! Will it not install other undeletable issues on my computer?!...
  6. Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues: I upgraded Windows 7 to Win10 1709, 1803, 1809, all with no issues. Nothing has changed on the computer. 1903 will not install. I keep receiving the 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error. I know it's supposed to be a driver. I've removed all external devices, disabled onboard 1394,...
  7. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  8. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  9. How to Uninstall Avast?

How to Uninstall Avast?: I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-avast/068290b9-8558-4e42-9067-8c1cb2809174
  10. Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast: I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avast 1903 wont install