Windows 10: Tried to update my laptop tonight and it freaked out, and now has the error d000014c coming up

Discus and support Tried to update my laptop tonight and it freaked out, and now has the error d000014c coming up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically I tried to update and shut down my laptop and it began to reboot itself and restart and went all loads of crazy. Multiple times it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lsyd, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/lsyd Win User

Tried to update my laptop tonight and it freaked out, and now has the error d000014c coming up

So basically I tried to update and shut down my laptop and it began to reboot itself and restart and went all loads of crazy. Multiple times it did this, until I was able to get an error code: d000014c. I finally got through by restarting it once more and now it seems to be working okay, and I fully updated the system just in case.

There seems to be no information for this error code online. Since it’s running fine for now, should I leave my laptop alone, or should I look deeper into it?

submitted by /u/lsyd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lsyd, Feb 13, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Tried to update my laptop tonight and it freaked out, and now has the error d000014c coming up

n-ster, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Tried to update my laptop tonight and it freaked out, and now has the error d000014c coming up - Similar Threads - Tried update laptop

2. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  3. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  4. Sound Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Freaking Out: Hey I have a problem when I had plugged in new headphones or unplugged any audio device the sound rapidly changes over and over and I cannot change it. If anybody has had a similar issue before can you help? submitted by /u/PineappleSir [link] [comments]...
  5. Computer is Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Freaking out: I have a dell inspiron pc that ive had for 3 years and only a couple weeks ago did thid problem arise. I had brought it in for a virus clean up but after running several detection softwears at many diffrent times, no virus was found. What first happens is it will start typing...
  6. Windows is freaking out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is freaking out: Hello, my windows recently started freaking out every time I press a key it was a shortcut to something, I got that fixed by doing Ctrl + Alt + Windows button, but now when I open up the start menu it like auto clicking and highlighting things same for my search bar and...
  7. Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out

Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out: Two days ago I started having troubles connecting my earbuds to my computer through Bluetooth. It started with only being able to choose the handsfree audio quality so I decided to remove my earbuds from the settings and reconnect them but I wasn't able to do so. Instead I...
  8. Taskbar Freaking Out.

Taskbar Freaking Out.: [IMG] My taskbar messed up I do have two monitors but heres what it looks like: The program icons are uneven with the windos, search, task view icon, plus the program icons have turned into tabs rather than just icons. Any help will be appreciated submitted by...
  9. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  10. Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code d000014c

2. d000014c

3. windows d000014c

4. error code:d000014c