Windows 10: Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

Discus and support Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Kalbo, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc.

I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from 1000 to 100 so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win 10, 64bit driver. The installation failed and I don’t recall what the issue was. Sorry, I didn’t expect to be in this much trouble so I just went ahead to fix the problem

The status now is that all NICs that I have or add to the system shows up nicely in the device manager under network adapters but when I look at the Network and Sharing Center, there are no networks.

I have deleted all the network adapters, rebooted and the devices are repopulated in device manager but no networks are available in the Network and Sharing Center.

I have tried adding various other network adapters like 2 USB Giga Ethernet adapters and 3 different WiFi USB devices. 4 of them are new, Win 10 compatible devices. They all show up in device manager and nothing in Network and Sharing Center.

Basically, it sees the network adapters in device manager but the Network and Sharing Center says I don’t have any devices.

I tried to restore to before the diver update but I don’t have a restoration point. I also don’t have a backup to restore.

It looks like I need to remove all network software from Win 10 and reinstall it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

Bill Kalbo, Oct 21, 2016

2. Can't connect to corp network after upgrade to Win 10

Find the NIC manufacture and go to their website and download latest win 10 driver for your NIC model. This fixed my issues.

bhughes1231, Oct 21, 2016
  3. atheros ar5bwb222 support for windows 10

I installed the win 8.1 drivers from Acer support site (Acer V3-551g-x419) Drivers installed for BlueTooth, nic and wireless. Nic and wireless still did not work. Uninstalled nic and wireless from device manager, scanned for changes and now both work
    fine. Hope this is helpful for others.

brettwexstten, Oct 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

What do you mean that all Nic's are missing? How many Wifi Adapters and Network cards do you have installed? If you are trying to use Hyper-V, that can get screwed up also if you tried to make changes.

You need to use the drivers that ASUS has for your motherboard.

bro67, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Device manager shows 5 network devices

Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing [​IMG]

Network and sharing shows no devices

This occurred when I deleted the old drivers to install the Asus network drivers. Now the Asus install software says that there are no network adapters.

How can I get Windows to recognize the installed adapters?

Bill Kalbo, Oct 22, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Look at the motherboard info at Asus's support website for that motherboard. If you built the system or had someone build it for you, you would know that there is one onboard Ethernet and one Bluetooth adapter onboard. Running multi-boot systems will screw things up. It is easier to keep the older OS's as a Virtual Machine or on another drive that you can choose from Boot Option.

Any changes you make with one OS can screw up the other OS's.

bro67, Oct 22, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    Did you try Settings>Network and Int.>Status> and at the bottom Network Reset ? and or the Network Troubleshooter on the same page

Did you check in the Bios everything is still enabled ? .......I guess it's alright if seen in DM though....

Kbird, Oct 22, 2016
  8. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

I tried that but there are no networks to reset.

I need to figure out why the NICs are in the device manager under network adapters but when I look at the Network and Sharing Center, there are no networks.

Bill Kalbo, Oct 23, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    It's a strange one for sure , one I have not seen , but I don't think you will see a Network in NSC , if it is not connected to anything.

Did you remove the Chipset Driver or anything Else ? any other errors or exclamation Marks in DM ?

Did you enable/disable the Adaptor in DM and see if it will renew it's IP address ?

Did you try ipconfig /all at a command Prompt ?

Does you Router "See" the Computer on Ethernet or Wifi ?

Are you on the Latest win10 ? just curious as you settings windows looks different but that maybe due to having no connections.

It's almost like it thinks it is a laptop and Airplane Mode has got switched on somehow.....

I assume since you can Dual boot that everything is working in Win7 or 8 ?

Kbird, Oct 23, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    another thought ... You didn't uninstall the Network protocols instead of the Adapters did you ?

Ie if you go the Properties of the Adaptor ..... you have TCP/IPV4 ,IPV6,Client for Microsoft Networks ,File and Printer Sharing etc ?

if not .............
    To run the Network troubleshooter

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache
    To run these networking commands in a command prompt window

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

KB

Kbird, Oct 24, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    And one more for today ......

do you have a 3rd Party Firewall or possibly Antivirus like Eset perhaps , which might be blocking Connections?

KB

Kbird, Oct 24, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    See my post and your post in Device Manager. Disregard about going into System, since that is not how you will fix this. I have already stated that all that you need to know.

bro67, Oct 24, 2016
  13. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

I saw it and it does not solve the problem. If I remove all other devices and only leave the C drive in the system, I have the same issues.

Bill Kalbo, Oct 24, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    The C drive has nothing to do with this. You have an onboard NIC and an onboard Bluetooth as Asus's website shows. Everything you need for information on that motherboard is on their website. The USB adapter for Wifi has nothing to do with this, nor does the second Intel NIC card. It is a driver problem that was caused when you removed the device and drivers. If you had someone build the system for you, they can help get it up and running again and show you how to fix it if it happens again.

bro67, Oct 24, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    you told him it was cos of his dual boot , and I don't think it is , in fact the Nics should still work in the other OS's if it is a driver Fault in Win10.

The Drivers are installed it seems since DM sees them all ,which is why I thought it maye a protocol issue, ie they are missing or something.

KB

Kbird, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

1. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing - Similar Threads - Tried update NIC

2. Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC: i got an ASUS dual-band wireless USB adapter, and when i plugged it in, it couldn't find the driver reqd. Win7 attempts to find said driver in the Windows updates, but couldn't find it. i googled it and found a zip file for download. how do i make Win7 to use it?...
  3. Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC: i got an ASUS dual-band wireless USB adapter, and when i plugged it in, it couldn't find the driver reqd. Win7 attempts to find said driver in the Windows updates, but couldn't find it. i googled it and found a zip file for download. how do i make Win7 to use it?...
  4. Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated: Ok Team this is a challenge. I have Window Server installed on a MAC, and it has a Firewire Controller. I can get remote Drives working in Target Disk Mode, But I cant get it to run a Network Interface like on MACOS. I have the driver installer as Legacy Interface 1394 IEEE,...
  5. Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated: Ok Team this is a challenge. I have Window Server installed on a MAC, and it has a Firewire Controller. I can get remote Drives working in Target Disk Mode, But I cant get it to run a Network Interface like on MACOS. I have the driver installer as Legacy Interface 1394 IEEE,...
  6. How to find a driver for chipset NIC card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to find a driver for chipset NIC card?: Can anyone tell me how to find the newest driver for a Asus 10 Gig NIC card it is model XG-C100F. The asus websites driver is very old, i have found some post about a similar card that says it uses Aquantia but how do you confirm that? If i click into the NIC cards properties...
  7. Benchmark NIC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Benchmark NIC?: Hi, is there some way to consistently benchmark your NIC so one can try out different settings (offload etc) and see what works best? I am trying Psping, but it's very weird, if i have chrome opened it works faster then if it's not opened etc, which makes no sense....
  8. Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??: I wanted to upgrade my network card this weekend to handle 1000Mbps speeds, and I went to Microcenter to pick up a new NIC, but none of them say if they will work with Win 10 x64 or not. I picked up an Intel Pro/1000 GT NIC thinking that Intel is always in the game, but when...
  9. Teaming NICS ?

Teaming NICS ?: How do you assign matrix as without it only one will be used and its also no good unless the nic has a cpu which can handle the traffic instead of the pc or the bottle neck will be the pc. Using basic broadband on gigabyte nic one should have no problems at Barclays we ran...
  10. 'Wrong' Nic Card driver

'Wrong' Nic Card driver: Hi Guys I'm not sure what to do about this, whether to leave it as is and use the driver Windows thinks I should use or some how use the driver for the nic card I actually bought. The manufacturer appears not to have a Windows 10 driver and the one listed on their...