Windows 10: tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data

Discus and support tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iliasmilionis, Jan 14, 2020.

1. tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data

I tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data

:)

iliasmilionis, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  4. tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data

1. tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data - Similar Threads - tried upgrde error

2. windows upgrde from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows upgrde from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: I have my old laptop windows 10 pro product key and now I want to upgrade my new laptop windows from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro but while I am inserting the key it will not responding not showing any error and not upgrade to pro version what should I...
  3. windows upgrde from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows upgrde from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: I have my old laptop windows 10 pro product key and now I want to upgrade my new laptop windows from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro but while I am inserting the key it will not responding not showing any error and not upgrade to pro version what should I...
  4. windows upgrde from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 May 2004 Update Error SAFE_OS REPLICATE_OC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2004 Update Error SAFE_OS REPLICATE_OC: This problem is coming when i upgrade Windows 7 to windows 10 by using windows media creation tool. we couldn't upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 may 2004 0x8007001F 0x20006 What is the reason and how to fix this problem? What is the meaning of "SAFE_OS REPLICATE_OC"?...
  6. Error 0x8007005-0x2000A Failed in the SAFE_OS phase when trying to upgrade to Windows 7 to...

Error 0x8007005-0x2000A Failed in the SAFE_OS phase when trying to upgrade to Windows 7 to...: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  7. Windows 10 home Upgrde

Windows 10 home Upgrde: Will I have any probles updating windows 10 home to pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-upgrde/830bc576-3d04-4e6d-8bdb-37a1dc062b9f
  8. Error: 0xC1900101-0x2000D installation failed at SAFE_OS Phase when trying to upgrade from...

Error: 0xC1900101-0x2000D installation failed at SAFE_OS Phase when trying to upgrade from...: i am trying to update my virtual parallels machine on my mac from windows 7 to windows 10 and i keep getting the following error; 0xC1900101-0x2000D failed in the SAFE_OS phase etc etc After numerous attempts of reloading nothing seems to work! i have tried a clean boot and...
  9. Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase

Failed Win 7 to 10 upgrade Safe_OS Phase: I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10. I've made sure I am fully patched, AV off or uninstalled, tried both ISO and USB media. It stopps and reverts after the second boot each time with the failure SAFE_OS phase. It's a Dell XPS 8300 2 TB drive. Bob Canavan...
  10. Error: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Error: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: How can i solve this Issue below: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os ***Modified title from: Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8007042b-0x2000d-migratedata-safeos/ffd0cd37-10ff-44dd-8073-f685a670e633