Windows 10: Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

Discus and support Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, For a little background: I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LukeBennettUK, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

Hi there,

For a little background:

I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents, accounts etc were still all on PC. I wanted to do what I thought was a fairly simple task of resetting the PC to factory settings and wiping hard drives of all possible data.

I followed the step by step guide within settings recovery, and selected remove all files.

This did not work, so I then realised that reagents was not set to a file path at all. I created a file path of a usb and then created a recovery drive.

I then went back to settings > recovery and everything was working fine. Until the PC restarted, and started up again, then I got an error that something went wrong.

I then tried shift+restart. And tried recovery from drive, which also didn't work.

But I think in this process I accidentally selected boot from USB also. So now, I can't reset or wipe anything or get past BIOS.

All I want is to wipe my two hard drives and install a new windows 10.

If someone could help that would be grand, I have tried for hours and days, following different tutorials and forums, but have had no luck.

If any more detail is needed in parts or any extra information I would be more than happy to do my best to get that to you.

Thank you so much to anyone that tries to help!

Thanks,

Luke

:)

LukeBennettUK, Dec 8, 2018

2. How to wipe a hard drive

Sounds good, but I can't load any cds upon boot or even in windows.

I tried to run Win XP pro cd my friend made for me. It wouldn't work becuase The software is so corrupted. The hard drive itself is fine I just need a way to completely wipe the hard drive of everything.

I don't want to just reinstall over the corrupt mess of windows. I want to start over not reinstall brand new OS and have corrupted programs, settings, or info

floridajerseyguy, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

little cat, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

1. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS - Similar Threads - Tried wipe hard

2. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  3. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  4. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  5. Is there a free program to wipe a PC hard drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a free program to wipe a PC hard drive?: Is there a free program to wipe a PC hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-free-program-to-wipe-a-pc-hard-drive/535f7a51-c8af-48a6-a82b-2b9aeb054170
  6. OS hard drive

OS hard drive: I recently installed a second hard drive for more data storage and now my computer thinks the OS is on a flash drive and won't update Windows 10. The original hard drive (C:) contains the OS and is identified in the system as bus number 0. The new hard drive (J:) contains...
  7. wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2
  8. Wiping External Hard Drive Questions

Wiping External Hard Drive Questions: I have a laptop that i do everything on mostly. I have a usb drive that i back up information on and also a 1tb external hard drive as well. However, the thing is a while back i had an issue with an old laptop that did not work anymore and went to a repair shop and they were...
  9. Trying to wipe my windows 10 hard drive from USB and it wont work

Trying to wipe my windows 10 hard drive from USB and it wont work: Hi, I built a new system and the last thing i need to do with my old system is wipe the hard drive with windows 10 on on it. I found a few sites that say to download some software (dban) to a cd and then boot off the cd but i dont have a cd rom. I tried doing it via the...
  10. Boot drive wiping problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot drive wiping problem.: Hey guys. Today I used the Windows 10 tool thing to use my 128GB USB stick as a boot drive for a clean install. All done with that now. Now I've formatted the USB stick and it says the USB stick has 31.9GB of space, and is called ESD-USB. How do I fix this? Thanks....