Windows 10: Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

Discus and support Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, For a little background: I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LukeBennettUK, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

Hi there,

For a little background:

I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents, accounts etc were still all on PC. I wanted to do what I thought was a fairly simple task of resetting the PC to factory settings and wiping hard drives of all possible data.

I followed the step by step guide within settings recovery, and selected remove all files.

This did not work, so I then realised that reagents was not set to a file path at all. I created a file path of a usb and then created a recovery drive.

I then went back to settings > recovery and everything was working fine. Until the PC restarted, and started up again, then I got an error that something went wrong.

I then tried shift+restart. And tried recovery from drive, which also didn't work.

But I think in this process I accidentally selected boot from USB also. So now, I can't reset or wipe anything or get past BIOS.

All I want is to wipe my two hard drives and install a new windows 10.

If someone could help that would be grand, I have tried for hours and days, following different tutorials and forums, but have had no luck.

If any more detail is needed in parts or any extra information I would be more than happy to do my best to get that to you.

Thank you so much to anyone that tries to help!

Thanks,

Luke

:)

LukeBennettUK, Dec 8, 2018

2. How to wipe a hard drive

Sounds good, but I can't load any cds upon boot or even in windows.

I tried to run Win XP pro cd my friend made for me. It wouldn't work becuase The software is so corrupted. The hard drive itself is fine I just need a way to completely wipe the hard drive of everything.

I don't want to just reinstall over the corrupt mess of windows. I want to start over not reinstall brand new OS and have corrupted programs, settings, or info

floridajerseyguy, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

little cat, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

1. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS - Similar Threads - Tried wipe hard

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  5. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  6. Fully wiped hard drive still trying to boot windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully wiped hard drive still trying to boot windows.: I recently wiped a 1 tb laptop hard drive. In Windows Disk Management it shows that all partitions are 100% free, when I search through the hard drive no files are shown either. I installed the drive back into my laptop and I expected it to boot to bios but instead it tried...
  7. Wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe hard drive: I’ve bought a new hard drive for my laptop, got it working and installed my windows 10 using the recovery disc. I now want to sell my old hard drive but as it stands I’m assuming it still has my old profile and copy of Windows in there etc ( I have no data, files etc in the...
  8. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. wipe hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2