Windows 10: tried transferring the libraries

Discus and support tried transferring the libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nick K2, May 5, 2017.

1. Nick K2 Win User

tried transferring the libraries

Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while keeping the programs on the SSD. tried transferring the libraries to the HDD (D drive) but made a complete hash of it. Basically, it seems that my Pictures, Documents and Desktop ARE my D drive. Don't laugh...

I tried to reverse the whole mess by extracting the documents, pictures, music from my D drive in order to put the files back into my C drive. like Jorge, I am getting the "failed to build list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information, access is denied error." message. I suspect that basically there is a circular loop somewhere that is preventing the switch.

Having all of my data safe, I wanted to reset Windows to original settings, but I have run out of room in my C Drive, despite having cleared as many files, programs etc, and having done numerous Disk cleanups. Storage usage indicates that 58 GB are "other" files

So, I cannot go forward by recreating the libraries in C drive and migrating them properly to D drive before populating again with documents, files, music, pictures etc...
    And I cannot go back to factory settings because something has eaten up all of my SSD drive and I just don't have enough room to do so.

any ideas???
    regards,
    Nick

:)

Nick K2, May 5, 2017
  2. dbrumley Win User

nokia e7 and multimedia transfer for mac

Lucky you, alphamac! When I tried that approach, an error window popped up to inform me that "The update check failed. Nokia Multimedia Transfer couldn’t connect to the update server."

I checked in both /Library/Application Support/Nokia Multimedia Transfer/Profiles and ~/Library/Application Support/Nokia Multimedia Transfer/Profiles (Yes, identical folder sets appeared in both the root and user libraries after I dragged the downloaded
    application to the Applications folder) but there were no profile files in either folder.

At present, NMT can't find my E7-00 via USB or Bluetooth.

dbrumley, May 5, 2017
  3. BigCj34 Win User
    Tags with Multimedia Transfer, E72

Im trying to transfer my media library onto my E72 from my MacBook, OSX 10.6.8, in which I have a 32gb memory card. Most of my library is in MP3 format, so when I set Nokia multimedia transfer to transcode all files to AAC, files that were originally MP3
    but transcoded to AAC lose their tags. This results in me having most of my files labelled as "Unknown Artist'. I'm guesing this is quite frequent? The solution I have tried in the past has been to convert everything to AAC on iTunes then transfer it over,
    but this does not allow me to take advantage of the library sync Multimedia Transfer provides. Is there anything that can be done, I can't seem to find an answer.

BigCj34, May 5, 2017
Thema:

tried transferring the libraries

1. tried transferring the libraries - Similar Threads - tried transferring libraries

2. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  3. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  4. Lost library during file transfere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost library during file transfere: I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not under my user name even though I'm the adm. I only see the default user and myself. How do I get them to open when I sign...
  5. Transfering IPad Itunes library to desktop computer

Transfering IPad Itunes library to desktop computer: HELP: How do you transfer iTunes library from an iPad Ver. 9.3.5 to my Windows 10 desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-ipad-itunes-library-to-desktop/02bf3643-6bdc-448c-831f-c15d7bc6c876
  6. Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to transfer pictures and uninstalling apps.: I am new to Windows 10 and don't like it one bit. Not nearly as simple as W #7. When trying to transfer my pictures from my Android phone to my laptop with USB cable, it says there are no pictures on my phone, but my phone shows it does. What's going on? How can I...
  7. TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER: AFTER A FEBRUARY UPDATE, MY PICTURE LIBRARY, MY DOCUMENTS LIBRARY, AND MY MUSIC LIBRARY WERE ALL LOCATED IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. I WANT TO TRANSFER ALL THOSE FILES BACK TO THEIR CORRECT LIBRARIES. IS THERE A WAY TO DO THIS, AND IF SO, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?...
  8. Trying to transfer Minecraft Windows 10 to a new computer but the game isn't in my library.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer Minecraft Windows 10 to a new computer but the game isn't in my library.: I'm trying to transfer Minecraft windows 10 to a new computer but I've restarted the Microsoft store app and the game isn't in my library. I got Minecraft from a code a while ago and i know i'm on the same account that redeemed it. What am I doing wrong? * Moved from MSN *...
  9. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  10. libraries

libraries: After I access files in my library (word,excel, etc.), when I close them the screen reverts to the start screen (with tiles), rather than the library I was working in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries/b9b06fb7-ab19-4075-9e73-e7989330c1fc"