Windows 10: tried transferring the libraries

Discus and support tried transferring the libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nick K2, May 5, 2017.

1. Nick K2 Win User

tried transferring the libraries

Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while keeping the programs on the SSD. tried transferring the libraries to the HDD (D drive) but made a complete hash of it. Basically, it seems that my Pictures, Documents and Desktop ARE my D drive. Don't laugh...

I tried to reverse the whole mess by extracting the documents, pictures, music from my D drive in order to put the files back into my C drive. like Jorge, I am getting the "failed to build list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information, access is denied error." message. I suspect that basically there is a circular loop somewhere that is preventing the switch.

Having all of my data safe, I wanted to reset Windows to original settings, but I have run out of room in my C Drive, despite having cleared as many files, programs etc, and having done numerous Disk cleanups. Storage usage indicates that 58 GB are "other" files

So, I cannot go forward by recreating the libraries in C drive and migrating them properly to D drive before populating again with documents, files, music, pictures etc...
    And I cannot go back to factory settings because something has eaten up all of my SSD drive and I just don't have enough room to do so.

any ideas???
    regards,
    Nick

:)

Nick K2, May 5, 2017
  2. dbrumley Win User

nokia e7 and multimedia transfer for mac

Lucky you, alphamac! When I tried that approach, an error window popped up to inform me that "The update check failed. Nokia Multimedia Transfer couldn’t connect to the update server."

I checked in both /Library/Application Support/Nokia Multimedia Transfer/Profiles and ~/Library/Application Support/Nokia Multimedia Transfer/Profiles (Yes, identical folder sets appeared in both the root and user libraries after I dragged the downloaded
    application to the Applications folder) but there were no profile files in either folder.

At present, NMT can't find my E7-00 via USB or Bluetooth.

dbrumley, May 5, 2017
  3. BigCj34 Win User
    Tags with Multimedia Transfer, E72

Im trying to transfer my media library onto my E72 from my MacBook, OSX 10.6.8, in which I have a 32gb memory card. Most of my library is in MP3 format, so when I set Nokia multimedia transfer to transcode all files to AAC, files that were originally MP3
    but transcoded to AAC lose their tags. This results in me having most of my files labelled as "Unknown Artist'. I'm guesing this is quite frequent? The solution I have tried in the past has been to convert everything to AAC on iTunes then transfer it over,
    but this does not allow me to take advantage of the library sync Multimedia Transfer provides. Is there anything that can be done, I can't seem to find an answer.

BigCj34, May 5, 2017
Thema:

tried transferring the libraries

1. tried transferring the libraries - Similar Threads - tried transferring libraries

2. Trying to transfer windows 10 minecraft to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer windows 10 minecraft to a new computer: Hi there! A bit ago I switched to a new computer. Because of that, I still needed to download my windows 10 minecraft. Because I got the code from buying the Java version of minecraft, I can't get it again from it being a one time use code. I would of emailed mojang itself to...
  3. LIBRARIES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LIBRARIES: CAN YOU SAVE JUST A FILE TO LIBRARIES? I CAN SAVE A FILE IF I PIT IT IN A FOLDER BUT NOT JUST A FILE NOT IN A FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries/6469a981-5e36-4ee7-9554-80304bd71194"
  4. libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    libraries: I do not want camera roll or saved pictures as libraries what programs keep re making these or how can i change the name and keep it, why are these files repopulated with data that doesn't concern them like docs in the camera roll this is so upsetting that I can't control my...
  5. Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player with DLNA server, trying to add to library: I have a Win10 laptop (the kind that does a 180 screen twist) that I'd like to use to control my music collection. The collection is shared over the network with AssetUPnP, a DLNA server tailored to music streaming, and rendered with my Denon receiver. The server and renderer...
  6. Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries: Libraries have just appeared in explorer how do I hide them please 42674
  7. Shortcuts and Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts and Libraries: Hello everybody ! 1) I'm wondering if in Windows 10, it's possible to put a shortcut everywhere you want on your desktop. With Windows seven i like to put my shortcuts on my desktop, putting them in the right place depending on the wallpaper (that i change when my work...
  8. New Library

in Windows 10 Support
    New Library: Hello, I am trying to establish a New Library for Win 10 info and shortcuts. I successively create Library, I open it and get dialogue "include folder" I create and include a new folder.My problem is if I then delete folder from original position, it also deletes from...
  9. The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

in Windows 10 Support
    The computer get stuck when I try to open a library: I just bought a new Lenovo computer with windows 8, I upgraded to 10 as soon as I got it. now when I'm trying to open a folder or save a word file or even open a chrome - the computer get stuck. I cant tell if it's a computer issue or windows, any idea how can I...
  10. Libraries ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries ?: Have Libraries gone in the latest build ? I seem to remember that they were hidden in earlier ones, but now I can't seem to find them. I don't use them myself - just playing around trying out things and haven't come across them. 4028