Windows 10: Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in

Discus and support Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently fixed up an old laptop that I got, which included an old WiFi card that doesn't support 5Ghz, so I got a USB adapter that did. So far I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gymmask, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in

I recently fixed up an old laptop that I got, which included an old WiFi card that doesn't support 5Ghz, so I got a USB adapter that did. So far I have been going into device manager whenever I plug in the adapter to disable the built in card, and again to re-enable it when I go elsewhere and don't use the adapter.

From what I could tell it looks possible to automate this with Task Scheduler, probably using an event trigger leading into a simple Devcon program to enable/disable the card. The only problem is that I'm not all that familiar with Task Scheduler, and can't pick out which trigger event would be the correct one for this case. Does anyone know what trigger event would work best here? I'd prefer one where I could somehow specify the adapter or a specific USB port.

submitted by /u/gymmask
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gymmask, Sep 5, 2020

2. Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Trigger Task Scheduler by connection and disconnection of a wireless headphone

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to trigger a task in Task Scheduler when you connect headphone to your PC.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Connect the headphone to the computer. Now, press
      Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Bluetooth, right click on the
      headphone and select Properties.
    3. Click on Events tab, you will find 2 events.
    4. Click on the Device started event and click on
      View All Events.
    5. An Event Manager window will open, click on
      Attach Task To This Event on the lower right hand side.
    6. This should provide you the options to create a new task. Select the Actions for the program to be run based on the trigger.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 5, 2020
  4. AugustasT Win User

Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in

Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task Scheduling trigger?

Hello,

I wish to create a scheduled task that is triggered by a process resuming from when it is "supsended" (like in the Task Manager status column of the Processes tab).

I have created a task that is triggered by process creation by following these steps: How to start a program when another one is started , however I wish to extend the event-triggering to include "Process Resume
    from Suspended".

Is this possible?

Kind Regards,

Augustas T.

AugustasT, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in

1. Trigger Task Scheduler Event on USB WiFi Adapter Plug-in - Similar Threads - Trigger Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Scheduling task based on device plug in USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scheduling task based on device plug in USB: I am looking for a trigger service or log that is generated automatically one a device old or new it plugs to the PC - the goal is to start a script that notices this event and starts the script automatically.due to limited resources , I cant install watchdog or any services...
  5. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  6. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  7. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  8. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  9. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  10. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...