Windows 10: trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down

Discus and support trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; for a little project I have been working on I wanted to know if it was possible to trigger the shutting down screen animation in windows without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xdarkmario, Nov 10, 2019.

1. trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down

for a little project I have been working on I wanted to know if it was possible to trigger the shutting down screen animation in windows without actually shutting down the computer via script or something

:)

xdarkmario, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Cortana Animation

Hi,

The issue could be triggered by a glitch on the system due to a recent update, or a corrupted file necessary. To provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made recent changes on the device prior to the issue? (Downloaded any software or app, updated software)
    • Can you provide us the video that you have there for reference?
    • Is Cortana still precise and not having any errors aside from the animation speed?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Nov 10, 2019
  4. trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down

1. trigger the windows shutdown animation without actually shutting down - Similar Threads - trigger shutdown animation

2. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  3. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  4. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  5. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  6. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  7. Laptop shuts down without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  8. Shutting down Windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutting down Windows 10 without updating: Is there any way to shut down Windows 10 without updating? As I am affected by the cold weather and have rolling blackouts, I need to know if there's any way to safely shut my computer down without updating in the event one is pending. Having to hold the power button to shut...
  9. Actually shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Actually shut down: is there any way to make it so windows actually shuts down when you shut it down with out having to press alt f4 on the desktop it might be a minor thing but i am kind of sick of windows i had open previously, reopening when i start the computer up next time. these arent...
  10. Shut down without synchronization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down without synchronization: Hi The new version of windows 10 is shutting down without synchronization. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-without-synchronization/29217cae-725b-477f-b200-7cd7b78717a7