Windows 10: Triggers in Services.msc

Discus and support Triggers in Services.msc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To Whom It May Concern: My name is Andrew Wissler. How do I remove triggers in services.msc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adwissler, Oct 17, 2018.

1. adwissler Win User

Triggers in Services.msc

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Andrew Wissler. How do I remove triggers in services.msc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Andrew Wissler

:)

adwissler, Oct 17, 2018

2. Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services

Hi Balubeto.

Greetings from the distant future.

I'm not sure why the other user was being so difficult in answering your question.

"Manual" and "Manual (Triggered)" are the same mode, but windows 7, 8 and 10 have added features to the "Manual" mode, namely the ability to add very specific triggers which will start a service which ordinarily would not start by themselves. An example of this is the Bluetooth service on a laptop, where the BT handling service only starts when a device tries to connect to the BT radio.

If your service says "Manual (Triggered)" it means that there is one or more triggers enabled. To look deeper into this, first find the service name:

Open up services (By opening the "Run" dialog and typing "Services.msc"

Locate the service in the list, right-click on it and click "Properties". The Service Name is displayed under the "General" tab. For example, my Bluetooth Device Handler service is called "bthserv"

To find out what these triggers are, open the start menu and type "cmd". Rightclick on the "Command Prompt" list item and select "Run As Administrator"

At the command prompt, type:

sc qtriggerinfo bthserv (obviously replace "bthserv" with the name of your service)

All the triggers for that service will be shown below. To find out more about them, you might need to google or ask about for them individually.

To delete (and please, make sure you understand what you're changing here BEFORE you change it) the triggers for a service, type:

sc triggerinfo bthserv delete (again, replacing bthserv with your service name)

Restart the computer and check the service again using "sc qtriggerinfo". There will no longer be any triggers listed. If you check the service in services.msc, you'll see it now says "Manual" instead of "Manual(Triggered)"

SC is the service config command, QTRIGGERINFO is the Query Trigger Information command. TRIGGERINFO is the command to actually modify the triggers.

To show all SC commands and what else you can do with this, just type SC and press enter. Again, please use great care when modifying services, and if you aren't sure of the outcome, keep reading about it until you do. It's also best to leave these alone unless you have a very specific reason for removing the triggers.

UnmetPlayer, Oct 18, 2018
  3. No printers work after Windows 10 anniversary update

Since you have reinstalled the drivers from HP several times, we would suggest that try to check if the print spooler dependency services are running.

Here are some steps for you to follow:

• Click Start, type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Scroll down to Print spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close the Print Spooler Properties window.
    • Repeat the above steps for the dependent services noted.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Triggers in Services.msc

How to fix failed driver updates?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows update troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All"

• Select "Windows update"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to make sure if the following services are started in Services. msc

• Press Windows+ R keys to open Run Window.

• Type services.msc and hit enter

• Make sure the following services are set to Start and Automatic.

• Background Intelligence transfer

• Windows update

• Cryptographic Service

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Triggers in Services.msc

1. Triggers in Services.msc - Similar Threads - Triggers Services msc

2. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  3. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  4. Which service is triggering Event 4264?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which service is triggering Event 4264?: I have a Windows 10 PC, prebuilt from an OEM with no unusual hardware, that has had a persistent problem. A few times a day the PC will 'stutter' or hang for 2-3 seconds. Video and Audio will freeze, then a few seconds later it will catch up. Occasionally DWM will crash and...
  5. What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services

in Windows 10 News
    What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services: [ATTACH]Windows Services are types of programs that can run by themselves in the background or when an event can trigger it to start and stop. […] This article What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services first appeared on...
  6. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  7. Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore: Heyo, I am having issues with my computer freezing intermittently for a few seconds, and I have seen a lot of possible fixes online. The issue is, I have exhausted every fix I have come across, so I decided to look deeper into my computer files to find the source of the...
  8. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  9. 100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager: Hi, Just need some help Basically i am unable to open any applications that end in .msc such as services or device manager, it comes up saying that i cant to open mmc.exe even though i am administrator, would really like some help and can specify more thoroughly if needed....
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bluetooth Support Service says trigger start

2. where to find triggers for services in windows 10