Windows 10: Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality

Discus and support Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try to trim a simple video i recorded by Nvidia Share with Photos App, the orginal quality is 1080p 60fps, but the trimmed video has only 30fps, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by superatom, Sep 30, 2019.

1. superatom Win User

Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality

I try to trim a simple video i recorded by Nvidia Share with Photos App, the orginal quality is 1080p 60fps, but the trimmed video has only 30fps, and the bitrate is greatly reduced. First i just simple open it with Photos and click the trim video, the output is only 30fps. Then i try to create a new video project in Photos app and add it to new project to trim it then export, the app show the option output is only the resolution quality, i choose 1080p but the output is still the same ( 30fps , worse bitrate).

What should i do to keep the current quality of the trim video ? Does the Photos have that features ? , if not i recommend adding it in the next update, like the old Movie Maker i used to use which have different qualities output including keeping the current quality

Also why cant i find the Photos category ?

:)

superatom, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Editing an existing Project MP4 File to reduce the content and change the name of the Project

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps and check if that helps:

• Right click the file and select ‘open with’ to click on Photo app. This will open the file in the Photo app.
    • Now that you have opened the video file with the Photos app, click Edit & Create, and then click Trim option.
    • Finally, click ‘Save a copy’ option to create a new video file by omitting the trimmed portion of the video. The new video file can be found at the location of the original video.
    Suggest you to refer this article to edit a photo and check if that makes any difference.

Edit photos and videos:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27916

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality

Good way to reduce video size without compromising quality?

My camcorder records videos at 1080p however a short 4 minute video is a whopping 550MB.

What would you suggest to compress or otherwise reduce the size of the file without reducing the quality?

The format is MTS.

Black Panther, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality

1. Trim (maybe others edit actions) video reduce quality - Similar Threads - Trim maybe others

2. quality of videos reduces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quality of videos reduces: so im not sure why but whenever i save videos on my computer with high quality it reduces and this started happening a little while after i got this new computer i got it last year at the beginning of the year and the quality problems started during august. the videos i save...
  3. quality of videos reduces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quality of videos reduces: so im not sure why but whenever i save videos on my computer with high quality it reduces and this started happening a little while after i got this new computer i got it last year at the beginning of the year and the quality problems started during august. the videos i save...
  4. quality of videos reduces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. options on video editing is not showing trim,edit,speed,split

in Windows 10 Gaming
    options on video editing is not showing trim,edit,speed,split: Hello, I'm trying to use the video editor. However, the options for speed, trim, edit and split is not showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/options-on-video-editing-is-not-showing/5cfdd2da-2556-45bc-9d1c-3c95355a2149
  6. options on video editing is not showing trim,edit,speed,split

options on video editing is not showing trim,edit,speed,split: Hello, I'm trying to use the video editor. However, the options for speed, trim, edit and split is not showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/options-on-video-editing-is-not-showing/5cfdd2da-2556-45bc-9d1c-3c95355a2149
  7. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  8. Trimming a video

Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  9. Reduce Mic Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce Mic Quality: [ATTACH] Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem when trying to change my microphone quality, I am trying to reduce it. This would be pretty simple if I wasn't getting a grayed out option bar. Is there a way to change this? (I am on a laptop and that is...
  10. Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action: Hello, There is a Event log Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2018.18041.15530.0, time stamp: 0x5b08a8a1 Faulting module name: SharedLibrary.dll, version: 1.7.25531.0, time stamp: 0x597af36c Exception code: 0x80004003 Fault offset:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video trim windows reduces quality