Windows 10: TRIM not working

Discus and support TRIM not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I try to run TRIM (the old defrag) on my SSD in system properties or in command prompt it won't run. TRIM is enabled with a 0 in command prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by collieman, Aug 3, 2020.

1. collieman Win User

TRIM not working

When I try to run TRIM (the old defrag) on my SSD in system properties or in command prompt it won't run. TRIM is enabled with a 0 in command prompt. I'm using AHCI. What can I check? I'm using win10 2004. Thanks guys.

:)

collieman, Aug 3, 2020

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Aug 3, 2020
  3. navtnn Win User
    Video trimming is not working

Hello, I have tried to trim a MP4 file using both Photos and Movies & TV.

After I choose a part and click "trim", the trimming window closes off by itself and the trimmed video is saved but does not play/show anything.

I tried again and again with other MP4 files but it does not work. Please help.

Thank you.

navtnn, Aug 3, 2020
  4. TRIM not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

TRIM not working

1. TRIM not working - Similar Threads - TRIM working

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  4. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  5. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  6. Is there anything I can do to get trim to work in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anything I can do to get trim to work in the photos app?: When I save after trimming in the photos app, it will load forever/ wont save. I have tried all the troubleshooting methods including: repairing in settings, restarting in settings, uninstalling and reinstalling via Terminal Admin. I have chatted with a friend and they have...
  7. Is there anything I can do to get trim to work in the photos app?

Is there anything I can do to get trim to work in the photos app?: When I save after trimming in the photos app, it will load forever/ wont save. I have tried all the troubleshooting methods including: repairing in settings, restarting in settings, uninstalling and reinstalling via Terminal Admin. I have chatted with a friend and they have...
  8. Windows 11 Video Trim not working. Permanently loading after trim.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Video Trim not working. Permanently loading after trim.: I recently bought a new PC and this machine has Windows 11 as opposed to Windows 10 with which I never had this issue. When I try to trim a video down using the trim video option in the Photos app, it does not work. It gets stuck on an infinite loading screen. I checked task...
  9. Windows 11 Video Trim not working. Permanently loading after trim.

Windows 11 Video Trim not working. Permanently loading after trim.: I recently bought a new PC and this machine has Windows 11 as opposed to Windows 10 with which I never had this issue. When I try to trim a video down using the trim video option in the Photos app, it does not work. It gets stuck on an infinite loading screen. I checked task...
  10. SSD Trim work at ESPFAT32, MSRfree space and unallocated partition or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Trim work at ESPFAT32, MSRfree space and unallocated partition or not?: ie1. If I use Partition Manager reduce/move my partition, the unallocated partition/free space is clean or not? ie2. If I update my windowsESP boot file has refreshor delete file from ESP, Garbage Collection to work or not? ESP will have garbage spacecant Garbage Collection...