Windows 10: Trim option stopped working

Discus and support Trim option stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im cutting some gaming footage. used the app for trimming .worked twice and on the third video stopped working completely. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/werewolfhunger, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Trim option stopped working

Im cutting some gaming footage. used the app for trimming .worked twice and on the third video stopped working completely.

submitted by /u/werewolfhunger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/werewolfhunger, Apr 9, 2020

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Apr 9, 2020
  3. navtnn Win User
    Video trimming is not working

Hello, I have tried to trim a MP4 file using both Photos and Movies & TV.

After I choose a part and click "trim", the trimming window closes off by itself and the trimmed video is saved but does not play/show anything.

I tried again and again with other MP4 files but it does not work. Please help.

Thank you.

navtnn, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Trim option stopped working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Trim option stopped working

1. Trim option stopped working - Similar Threads - Trim option stopped

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  4. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  5. Options to trim,edit speed and split not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options to trim,edit speed and split not available: I don't know why when I'm trying to edit using the video editor, I don't have the trim, speed or split buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/options-to-trimedit-speed-and-split-not-available/af1a810d-6509-41f5-bfbc-e8f48a4243cc
  6. missing trim option in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing trim option in photos app: The trim option is missing in the microsoft photos app. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1415Microsoft Photos app Version 2021.21090.10008.0Here are the options that I have:And here are the options I believe I should have:As you can see, the trim option is missing from...
  7. missing trim option in photos app

missing trim option in photos app: The trim option is missing in the microsoft photos app. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1415Microsoft Photos app Version 2021.21090.10008.0Here are the options that I have:And here are the options I believe I should have:As you can see, the trim option is missing from...
  8. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  9. Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App

Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App: I've been using those for month to trim some vids quickly and worked perfectly, but on the last few days whenever I try, about two seconds after the trim screen opens up it freezes Not Working and then it closes itself or I have to use the taskbar to close.I tried going in...
  10. TRIM not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TRIM not working: When I try to run TRIM (the old defrag) on my SSD in system properties or in command prompt it won't run. TRIM is enabled with a 0 in command prompt. I'm using AHCI. What can I check? I'm using win10 2004. Thanks guys. 161913