Windows 10: Trim Video to a specific time

Discus and support Trim Video to a specific time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using the video editing function within the photos app and I can't get the slider to trim at the specific time I would like to start and stop on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CParf, Jan 18, 2021.

1. CParf Win User

Trim Video to a specific time

I'm using the video editing function within the photos app and I can't get the slider to trim at the specific time I would like to start and stop on. When I slide the mouse it seems to jump in 21 or 22 sec second blocks and I'd like to know if there is a way to trim to a more granular time.

Thanks!

:)

CParf, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Bru 2 Win User

trim video

How do I trim sections from a video in Windows 10? If it's to be trimmed in Photos, I'm unclear how to properly position the bottom brown line (left and right sides) and white circle....and whether/how I need to save sections to the storyboard...and
    then how to save all sections of storyboard into 1 video. Very frustrating trying to find clear-cut instructions.

Bru 2, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Trim Video to a specific time - Similar Threads - Trim Video specific

2. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  3. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  4. Unable to save trimmed videos

Unable to save trimmed videos: This is beyond frustrating. On my own PC I am trying to save trimmed video in Movies and TV, but I get a stupid message saying that I don't have permission, and I have to save a copy. First I am set up as an administrator. Second, there is no way to save a copy with a...
  5. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  6. Trimming a video

Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  7. Can't trim video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't trim video: I'm using the Windows 10 Photo app to trim a video and has been working until for some reason when i try to save file with name i'm blocked by an error messagge that tells me i'm not authorized to edit the file. If someone has a solution please share it with me, alternatives...
  8. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  9. unable to trim videos

unable to trim videos: Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft help please! [ATTACH]...
  10. cant trim videos in photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...