Windows 10: "TRIM"!

Discus and support "TRIM"! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to trim out ten seconds or so from a 65MByte video. I moved the end stops to surround the required segment and hit the play arrow. I now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cyrius fever, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:42 AM.

1. "TRIM"!

I want to trim out ten seconds or so from a 65MByte video.

I moved the end stops to surround the required segment and hit the play arrow.

I now have the required segment but its file size on disk is 120Mbytes!

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

:)

cyrius fever, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:42 AM

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:45 AM
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

4. mmmaiki Win User

"TRIM"!

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

Recently, before getting my new WinMo phone, I did the long overdue task of trimming my Outlook (2003) contact list. I moved old. rarely or never used contacts to a different list called "Archived Contacts", and my main contact list was trimmed down, to sync
    to my new phone with ActiveSync. Took me a long time to trim out hundreds of contacts.

Therefore, up until 10 minutes ago, my new phone had the trimmed contact list on it.

Trying out MyPhone, I clicked Sync. I thought it would just back up this phone, but apparently it synced it with another backup I did years ago with another phone.

That added more than 300 contacts, that I had recently trimmed out, just so this phone would not get a bloated contact list.

Unfortunately as well, the phone was connected to the computer at the time, and ActiveSync was running, and decided to do a sync, right after the MyPhone sync, So the newly bloated contact list on the phone is now my main Outlook contact list as well, the list
    I had spent much time trimming, before syncing to my new phone.

Isn't there some kind of UNDO function, where I can get back my trimmed list, in Outlook and on the phone? If not, there should be!

I think I should have received a warning message from MyPhone when I clicked Sync, that that would add 305 contacts to my contact list on the phone--do I really want to proceed? Nope, no warning. Anyone might have a backup on Myphone they did years ago and
    forgot about, but suddenly all data from it is added to the phone!

Please--any way I can get back my trimmed contact list, without having to trim it manually all over again??? I shouldn't have to do that.

Thema:

"TRIM"!

1. "TRIM"! - Similar Threads - TRIM

2. Is Trim Enabled ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Trim Enabled ?: Checking a few things I ran the command to check if Trim is enabled and got this: C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I thought if it showed 0 it meant it's enabled....
  3. Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10: So I'm trying to save an MP4 video file on my computer from a camera, and it is able to be saved to my desktop no problem and I can play it on multiple apps. The moment I try and trim it (movies/tv app or photos app) it immediately stops and gives me this message: This file...
  4. WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 TRIM for SSDs: When I enter the command "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" in Commabnd Prompt (Admin), I get a result "DiableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)" The information I found at m.windowscentral.com states that if I get a result of "0" then it means TRIM is enabled. Which is...
  5. SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.: Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my setup where none of my SSD's can be optimized. As can be seen in the screenshot all of the SSD's are greyed out for optimization and are listed as optimization not available. I made sure that DisableDeleteNotify is enabled. I also...
  6. SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.: Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my setup where none of my SSD's can be optimized. As can be seen in the screenshot all of the SSD's are greyed out for optimization and are listed as optimization not available. I made sure that DisableDeleteNotify is enabled. I also...
  7. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...
  8. File won't play after trimming in windows Photos

File won't play after trimming in windows Photos: I am using the trim feature for video in Windows Photos for Windows 10. After I save the clip as and MP4 (only option) and go to play it, it says can not play file extension or may be corrupt. I need these clips for a project so need to figure it out, thx!...
  9. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...
  10. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...