Windows 10: Trim

Discus and support Trim in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Did the trim get fixed in the new CU for 2004? 162443 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Plankton, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Plankton Win User

Trim

Did the trim get fixed in the new CU for 2004?

:)

Plankton, Aug 13, 2020

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 13, 2020
  4. mmmaiki Win User

Trim

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

Recently, before getting my new WinMo phone, I did the long overdue task of trimming my Outlook (2003) contact list. I moved old. rarely or never used contacts to a different list called "Archived Contacts", and my main contact list was trimmed down, to sync
    to my new phone with ActiveSync. Took me a long time to trim out hundreds of contacts.

Therefore, up until 10 minutes ago, my new phone had the trimmed contact list on it.

Trying out MyPhone, I clicked Sync. I thought it would just back up this phone, but apparently it synced it with another backup I did years ago with another phone.

That added more than 300 contacts, that I had recently trimmed out, just so this phone would not get a bloated contact list.

Unfortunately as well, the phone was connected to the computer at the time, and ActiveSync was running, and decided to do a sync, right after the MyPhone sync, So the newly bloated contact list on the phone is now my main Outlook contact list as well, the list
    I had spent much time trimming, before syncing to my new phone.

Isn't there some kind of UNDO function, where I can get back my trimmed list, in Outlook and on the phone? If not, there should be!

I think I should have received a warning message from MyPhone when I clicked Sync, that that would add 305 contacts to my contact list on the phone--do I really want to proceed? Nope, no warning. Anyone might have a backup on Myphone they did years ago and
    forgot about, but suddenly all data from it is added to the phone!

Please--any way I can get back my trimmed contact list, without having to trim it manually all over again??? I shouldn't have to do that.

mmmaiki, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Trim

1. Trim - Similar Threads - Trim

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  4. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  5. photos app trim not working

photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  6. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...
  7. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...
  8. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

9. Can Windows 10 trim an SSD written by Windows XP?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can Windows 10 trim an SSD written by Windows XP?: Can Windows 10 trim an SSD that is swapped between Windows XP and Windows 10 systems? Any potential issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-trim-an-ssd-written-by-windows-xp/e78100bc-8d83-4411-b646-8cabca5db288
  10. Can Windows 10 trim an SSD written by Windows XP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 10 trim an SSD written by Windows XP?: Can Windows 10 trim an SSD that is swapped between Windows XP and Windows 10 systems? Any potential issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-trim-an-ssd-written-by-windows-xp/e78100bc-8d83-4411-b646-8cabca5db288