Windows 10: Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

Discus and support Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to save an MP4 video file on my computer from a camera, and it is able to be saved to my desktop no problem and I can play it on multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VWDyoutube, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

So I'm trying to save an MP4 video file on my computer from a camera, and it is able to be saved to my desktop no problem and I can play it on multiple apps. The moment I try and trim it (movies/tv app or photos app) it immediately stops and gives me this message:

This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.
    0xc10100be

I'm confused why it does this even though I can play the file no problem before it's trimmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

VWDyoutube, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Martmcd Win User

trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Bru 2 Win User
    trim video

How do I trim sections from a video in Windows 10? If it's to be trimmed in Photos, I'm unclear how to properly position the bottom brown line (left and right sides) and white circle....and whether/how I need to save sections to the storyboard...and
    then how to save all sections of storyboard into 1 video. Very frustrating trying to find clear-cut instructions.

Bru 2, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

1. Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trimmed Video Won't

2. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  3. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  4. Unable to save trimmed videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save trimmed videos: This is beyond frustrating. On my own PC I am trying to save trimmed video in Movies and TV, but I get a stupid message saying that I don't have permission, and I have to save a copy. First I am set up as an administrator. Second, there is no way to save a copy with a...
  5. Unable to save trimmed videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save trimmed videos: This is beyond frustrating. On my own PC I am trying to save trimmed video in Movies and TV, but I get a stupid message saying that I don't have permission, and I have to save a copy. First I am set up as an administrator. Second, there is no way to save a copy with a...
  6. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  7. Can't save trimmed videos

Can't save trimmed videos: Hi, whenever i'm trying to trim a video and then save it it says: you prolly don't have the permission to save changes in this file, how can i fix this? submitted by /u/Drajfuss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwp4y8/cant_save_trimmed_videos/
  8. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming Videos in Windows 10: Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds 25% off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by lets say 80%. Note: There is topic that fits this question...
  9. Can't save a trimmed video

Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...
  10. once trimmed, video cannot be saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    once trimmed, video cannot be saved: MP4 video files that I save to the desktop can be played using different apps. But when I trim this video file using movies/ tv app/photos app, it freezes with the message This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error when saving a trimmed video in windows 10

2. photos woant save trimed video

3. why wont MS photos allow me to save a trimmed video

4. i trimmed a mp4 in windows photos but it wont save,
  5. dont have permission save trimmed video,
  6. why wont trimmed videos save on microsoft 10