Windows 10: Trimming right click NEW menu

Discus and support Trimming right click NEW menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icacream, Jun 5, 2021.

1. icacream Win User

Trimming right click NEW menu

Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I did not dare delete anything so I placed /// in front of the second ShellNew.... seems to have worked I would like to know whether it's ok to delete the extras ShellNew and leave one only, I fear I'll have to do it again sooner rather than later... On the right list is all I need - I would gladly get rid or Rich Text Format but could not find it... Win 10 Pro x64 build19042.985 Thanks for your advice

:)

icacream, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Trim the useless options out of the Right-Click/New list

6. On the right window, select everything and delete it.

Step six seems to fail. When I clicked on .contact, was it supposed to show up in the right side pane? It did not but I did see "Delete" when I right clicked. Maybe you meant to say "Right-Cllick window, yes?

Instead of deleting it, can I rename it for the same effect?

I see nothing in other resources that suggests that this relates to the right-cllick/NEW menu. What else is it going to affect if I delete the .PPT entry for example. Will I still be able to create a PowerPoint presentation using other methods to create
    it?

EmeroGorK2, Jun 5, 2021
  4. mmmaiki Win User

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

HELP!!! How can I get my trimmed contact list back???

Recently, before getting my new WinMo phone, I did the long overdue task of trimming my Outlook (2003) contact list. I moved old. rarely or never used contacts to a different list called "Archived Contacts", and my main contact list was trimmed down, to sync
    to my new phone with ActiveSync. Took me a long time to trim out hundreds of contacts.

Therefore, up until 10 minutes ago, my new phone had the trimmed contact list on it.

Trying out MyPhone, I clicked Sync. I thought it would just back up this phone, but apparently it synced it with another backup I did years ago with another phone.

That added more than 300 contacts, that I had recently trimmed out, just so this phone would not get a bloated contact list.

Unfortunately as well, the phone was connected to the computer at the time, and ActiveSync was running, and decided to do a sync, right after the MyPhone sync, So the newly bloated contact list on the phone is now my main Outlook contact list as well, the list
    I had spent much time trimming, before syncing to my new phone.

Isn't there some kind of UNDO function, where I can get back my trimmed list, in Outlook and on the phone? If not, there should be!

I think I should have received a warning message from MyPhone when I clicked Sync, that that would add 305 contacts to my contact list on the phone--do I really want to proceed? Nope, no warning. Anyone might have a backup on Myphone they did years ago and
    forgot about, but suddenly all data from it is added to the phone!

Please--any way I can get back my trimmed contact list, without having to trim it manually all over again??? I shouldn't have to do that.

mmmaiki, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Trimming right click NEW menu - Similar Threads - Trimming right click

2. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  3. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. Trimming right click NEW menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trimming right click NEW menu: Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Rearranging right click new context menu

Rearranging right click new context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  9. Right click New context menu

Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"