Windows 10: Trimming right click NEW menu

Discus and support Trimming right click NEW menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by icacream, Jun 9, 2021.

1. icacream Win User

Trimming right click NEW menu

Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I did not dare delete anything so I placed /// in front of the second ShellNew.... seems to have worked I would like to know whether it's ok to delete the extras ShellNew and leave one only, I fear I'll have to do it again sooner rather than later... On the right list is all I need - I would gladly get rid or Rich Text Format but could not find it... Win 10 Pro x64 build19042.985 Thanks for your advice

:)

icacream, Jun 9, 2021
  2. icacream Win User

Hello,
    Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list
    I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list *Devil
    When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all *Sad
    I did not dare delete anything so I placed /// in front of the second ShellNew.... seems to have worked

Trimming right click NEW menu [​IMG]

I would like to know whether it's ok to delete the extras ShellNew and leave one only, I fear I'll have to do it again sooner rather than later...

On the right list is all I need - I would gladly get rid or Rich Text Format but could not find it...

Win 10 Pro x64 build19042.985

*Smile Thanks for your advice

icacream, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Wisewiz Win User

Source Forge has an app for that. It's called ShellNewHandler, it needs no installation, and it lists everything you've got in New and gives you the option of deleting as you wish. Find it with this link: ShellNewHandler download | SourceForge.net

I just leave .lnk and .contact in there, and that gives me exactly and only Folder and Shortcut.

Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Wisewiz, Jun 9, 2021
  4. icacream Win User

dalchina, Wisewiz, THANK YOU !

I first used 'New' Menu Editor and finished trimming my list the easy way *Biggrin
    I downloaded ShellNewHandler and shall test it next time I have to go over it again

Thanks to both of you *Cool

icacream, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Trimming right click NEW menu - Similar Threads - Trimming right click

2. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  3. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. Trimming right click NEW menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Trimming right click NEW menu: Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Rearranging right click new context menu

Rearranging right click new context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  9. Right click New context menu

Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"