Windows 10: Triple Boot Win 7/10/10 Preview?

Discus and support Triple Boot Win 7/10/10 Preview? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a triple boot on my backup system currently. Win 7/Win 8.1/Win 10 Preview (10240). I plan on upgrading the Win 8.1 to Win 10. How will that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fireberd, Jul 25, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

Triple Boot Win 7/10/10 Preview?

I have a triple boot on my backup system currently. Win 7/Win 8.1/Win 10 Preview (10240).

I plan on upgrading the Win 8.1 to Win 10. How will that affect the triple boot menu with two Win 10's?

I want to stay in the insider program and do not want to remove the "Preview" version.

:)

fireberd, Jul 25, 2015

2. Crashed laptop-hd ok.

My HP laptop had been upgraded from Vista to Win 7 pro and I had it double booting with win 8.1. I activated the free upgrade to win 10 on both installations. I downloaded the ISO and upgraded the win 8.1 to 10 successfully. then my HP started acting
    up and now will not boot - the famous motherboard failure. The hard drive is good. I installed it in my Dell and it boots to win 10 fine but I cannot activate it. Needless to say, the win 7 just boots to the BSOD. Now I can not use the key from either
    to activate a new installation of win 10 and (I haven't tried to upgrade my win 7 home premium to pro yet as I don't think it will activate - seems to be locked by the upgrade registration).

My goal now is to upgrade my Dell (which is currently dual booting to win 7 home premium and Linux Mint) to triple boot to an upgrade of win 7 pro, a new installation of win 10 along with Linux Mint.

Any help will be appreciated.

bigDlittleadoubledyo, Jul 25, 2015
  3. HmoppHull Win User
    can i keep win 7 as a multi boot system when i upgrade to win 10

I triple boot with Chakra Linux, Linux Mint 17.2 KDE and Win 7 using legacy BIOS not UEFI.

I've tried to upgrade my Win 7 6 TIMES, FAILED 6 TIMES!

I've given up, happy to stay with Win 7.

HmoppHull, Jul 25, 2015
  4. CalBear37 Win User

The system may provide a different name. If not you will have to learn which one to choose for which OS. There may be a way to change the name in Windows or you can use a boot manager such as EasyBCD to change the name for a BIOS boot system. There are probably similar programs for the newer UEFI systems.

I have the same setup but I'm going to upgrade the computer's original Win 7 system.

CalBear37, Jul 25, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Ah,, good question. And I have no idea what you'll be able to do. Time will tell I guess.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    That's what I'll do too You can name them what you like:
    Triple Boot Win 7/10/10 Preview? [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Triple Boot Win 7/10/10 Preview? - Similar Threads - Triple Boot Preview

2. Triple booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple booting: So I currently have windows 10 on my pc and want to triple boot it with Mac Linux and windows 10. (Yes I have the hardware) I want to do this in the cleanest way possible with it feeling nice and official (so not booting with some weird dos prompt). What’s the best method and...
  3. Dual Boot Win 10 & 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 & 7: I run Win 10 (1803) on my main PC I was also running Win 10 (1803) on a secondary PC. I had a 3rd PC running Win 7 (for certain older apps I need) The PC running 7 started to have major hardware problems, so I had to junk it, but kept the HDD with 7 and my programs. I...
  4. Triple boot Insider Preview.

Triple boot Insider Preview.: Is it possible to triple boot Insider previews. When I try to install the third build it says it can't find drivers. 115879
  5. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  6. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  7. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  8. Triple Booting

Triple Booting: Hi, just joined forum. I've been on vista and seven forums awhile. I have a PC with three drives. One has Vista (my favorite OS - I'm one of those retro types); the other two have seven. (all home premium). The original drive has seven HP 64, and the drive has a minor issue...
  9. Dual or Triple Boot XP/7/10 recommendations

Dual or Triple Boot XP/7/10 recommendations: My current configuration is: Disc 0 - ntfs - 2TB XP Disc 1 - ntfs - 2TB Win 7 Disc 2 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Music) Disc 3 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Music) Disc 4 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Movies1) Disc 5 - ntfs - 2TB Data (TV1) Disc 6 - ntfs - 2TB Data (TV2) Disc 7 - ntfs - 2TB Data...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...