Windows 10: Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

Discus and support Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, so I've got three monitors and I'd like to be able to turn off/on two of them with some kind of script because I see no easy way within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by svtcontour, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

Hi all, so I've got three monitors and I'd like to be able to turn off/on two of them with some kind of script because I see no easy way within the display properties.

I see the following options:

Duplicate desktop on 1 and 3
    Duplicate desktop on 2 and 3
    Extend desktop to this display

My primary monitor is the one listed as #3 which is actually in the middle.
    Any way to have something like "show only on 3" ?

Any suggestions welcome.

:)

svtcontour, Jun 10, 2017

2. 3rd Display Not Working

I have a unique set up in that I have 2 monitors I use for normal use (one is DVI and the other display port), and a 3rd connection to a TV for gaming/movies (HDMI).

The behavior I have is an extended monitor between the two primary screens, and when the TV is on, windows is set to only display on the TV.

Up until recently this has worked mostly ok. I have had issues with certain applications not displaying full screen if one of my primary monitors is connected though. Today I turned on my TV, and every 2-3 the TV disconnects and re-connects. This can be
    seen in the display settings window where the TV disappears from the list seconds before I lose picture.

Oddly enough, if I turn off my primary display (display port) this issue does not occur any more, just like previously with my full screen applications. Turning off the monitor to play certain games was something I could work with, but having to turn off
    my primary monitor every time I turn on my TV is annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core I7-6700 @ 3.40GHz

16GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Primary Display: ASUS V5247 (display port)

Secondary Display: Philips 220SW (DVI)

TV: SEIKI SE39UY04

LithiumDebator, Jun 10, 2017
  3. adamtUC Win User
    My lumia 928 narrator

The Narrator for my 928 has come on, and i am unable to scroll in settings to turn it off, and the narrator is forcing a double tap (more like a triple tap) for every function - how do I gain access to turn this off

adamtUC, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

Action center

Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active? [​IMG]

Select project(you may need to turn it on in Settings>System>Notifications & actions>Quick actions>Add or remove quick actions)

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2017
  5. Thanks Cliff S, that's awesome. The only bizarre thing now is that even though monitor 3 is listed as primary (assuming primary would tell windows that its the PC display), when I choose PC screen only, it goes to the right display which is not the one set as the primary display. I guess I can try setting it as PC display only and move outputs around on the video card until the middle display indeed is the primary display.

svtcontour, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    That might be a good idea,

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2017
  7. Press the Windows Logo Key *Start and the P key and you'll get the selection menu. For me the one that is set as primary is the one that stays on. The numbers don't denote which monitor is primary. You can set any one you want as primary regardless of what number it has. I have shortcuts on my taskbar for PC screen only and Extend.
    C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /internal < is PC screen only
    C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend < is Extend.
    I switch to just my one main screen when gaming, then switch back my 3 screen setup when done.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

1. Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active? - Similar Threads - Triple display quickly

2. How to turn off the two step verification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the two step verification?: Hi everyone, my problem is my account did not log into any browser or phone or anything else. But when I try to log in include in Microsoft Authenticator, I must fill in the code but I even do not log in Authenticator successfully. Can anyone help me please?* Moved from...
  3. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up: I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds individually for monitors 2 and 3, but I can no longer do it for my primary monitor. The monitors are arranged to extend the desktop,...
  4. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up: I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds individually for monitors 2 and 3, but I can no longer do it for my primary monitor. The monitors are arranged to extend the desktop,...
  5. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  7. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  8. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  9. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  10. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...