Windows 10: Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously?

Discus and support Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have triple monitor setup from left to right: PHL288E2 Philips with speakers - U28E590D Samsung - no speakers - PHL288E2 Philips with speakers They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CDI_Ro, Mar 25, 2021.

1. CDI_Ro Win User

Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously?

I have triple monitor setup from left to right:

PHL288E2 Philips with speakers - U28E590D Samsung - no speakers - PHL288E2 Philips with speakers

They are all connected to NVIDIA GTX 1080 through display port v 1.4 cables 3 different cables, on 3 different display port jacks on videocard.

At the moment of writing this I have Nvidia Studio Driver v. 461.92

I would like to play sounds on both PHL288E2 - in stereo mode.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

:)

CDI_Ro, Mar 25, 2021

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously? [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously?

Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously?

1. Triple monitor setup - how to have sound on two monitor speakers simultaneously? - Similar Threads - Triple monitor setup

2. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  3. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  4. Sound with monitor's speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound with monitor's speakers: how can i play music on both lg monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-with-monitors-speakers/85a3c4f7-d1d6-4034-ba46-b2805d2c40f3
  5. Two monitor setup question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two monitor setup question: I currently have a two-display setup. I would like to share display 2 with a Mac M1 Mini that I just purchased. I woud like to use a manual DVI switch (2 DVI in, 1 DVI out) to select the input to display 2. Here is my question. When I switch input from the PC to the Mac,...
  6. Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.: I use an MSI gaming laptop and have two monitors connected to it. One via hdmi and the other via displayport mini. I have been using this setup for many months but recently my windows keeps on crashing with a bluescreen error. The crash only happens when I "click" focus on...
  7. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  8. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors: Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors. Whenever i drag an app onto one of the 2 outer monitors, the app decides to rescale to fit the whole screen without my doing....
  9. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors: Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor. At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full...
  10. Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup: Hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 3 monitors attached to a GTX770. 2xDell U2715H monitors (1440p) - work monitors 1xPhilips 1080p monitor - client monitor. Two monitors are used all the time for work in a dual monitor setup. The third monitor is placed away from me...