Windows 10: Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

Discus and support Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KookieYes, Dec 25, 2018.

1. KookieYes Win User

Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

Yes, hello my name is Andreas and i just got my 3rd monitor for my setup. However now i have a rescaling/resizing problem with my 2 outer monitors.

Whenever i drag an app onto one of the 2 outer monitors, the app decides to rescale to fit the whole screen without my doing. For some reason it doesnt do it in the middle one but only the 2 ones on the side.

Picture:

(Dont be bothered by the private stuff on the picture)

Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors [​IMG]

It gives this green outerline and then says with a big 1 in the middle!, and when i decide to let go this happens

Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors 89396d33-12fe-4999-95d0-87304683cec0?upload=true.png

It just goes fullscreen for no apparent reason what so ever. I would appreciate some help thanks Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors :)

-Andreas Kuke

:)

KookieYes, Dec 25, 2018

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

Windows 10 x64 - Triple monitor setup issues

I am very frustrated - my triple monitor setup is not working any more. I was trying to fix it in the last 10 days without any luck.

The setup is the following(all monitors on FullHD/e.g. 1920x1080/, extending desktop):

1st monitor(VGA connected) - on Intel HD 4600

2nd monitor(VGA connected) - on nVidia GT220

3rd monitor(DVI connected) - on nVidia GT220

This setup has worked pretty fine for over a year on Windows 7 x64 and flawlessly on Windows 8.1 x64 for around 2 months. Then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 x64(from Win 7 x64). Upgrading went well, until the system started auto updating the drivers.
    Then it stopped responding and all monitors went in power saving. On reboot, after POST, all monitors were turning off and the PC seemed to be hanging.

This lead me to reinstall a fresh copy of Win 10 x 64(I was in a hurry and it seemed faster to do a 20 minute reinstall instead of troubleshooting what went wrong). After the reinstall, Win again automatically updated the video drivers, which again resulted
    in turning off all monitors and not responding to any commands.

Yet again - another installation of Win 10 x64, but this time disconnected from internet, disabling the option for automatic driver update. Then I installed the Intel HD most recent drivers(from the PC manufacturer site) + the nVidia GT220 most recent drivers(from
    manufacturer site). It was working pretty well - all monitors were fine. Then, on the next reboot Win turned off the GT220 with an error code 43, leaving me only 1 display(on the Intel HD). I deleted the drivers for the GT220, added them again - and everything
    was fine. Until the next reboot, when again, Win turned off the GT220 and left me hanging on 1 display.

Just to rule out any possible hardware problem, I swapped hard drives and made a fresh install of Win 7 x64. Everything was working perfectly(even games). I swapped again the hard drives, to get Windows 10. Then I discovered something even stranger. When
    Win 10 disables the GT220 and leaves me on 1 monitor I was wrongly searching for the problem on the GT220. Actually, the problem is somewhere in the Intel HD. When I uninstall the drivers for the HD4600, all monitors are working as expected. On reboot, Win
    is somehow finding a driver for the HD4600 and turning off the GT220 with error code 43.

So, on every reboot I am forced to uninstall the HD4600 driver, in order to get the triple monitor setup working. I`ve also tried various combinations of versions between the HD4600 driver and the GT220 drivers(trying older versions in order to see if there
    is any change) - no luck. I have also tried using Win 7/8 drivers for both video cards - again no difference.

Two questions:

- After I have specifically set the options to not automatically update the drivers - how the **** Win 10 x64 is finding and putting the Intel HD driver(it should stay as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", but it is not doing it - upon restart it is updating)?

- Is there any possibility to get the triple monitor setup working as expected? I cannot explain the user that he has to do uninstalling, setting, removing and what else not on every reboot, in order to get the system working as expected. How could such
    a simple feature work perfectly in Win 7/8.1, on several linux distros, but in Win 10 it could be such a pain(no info, no fast fixes, no working suggestions on the internet)?

PS. I am currently thinking about grabbing a R7 250 and GT730 in order to see if it is going to work(maybe it is an GT220 only related issue... who knows)

NikolayZhelev, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors

1. Triple monitor setup. Problem with the 2 outer monitors - Similar Threads - Triple monitor setup

2. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  3. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  4. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple Monitor Viewing Problem: My HP laptop model 17z-ca000 performs poorly when connected to my two HP monitors to provide a 3-way monitor setup. I am puzzled as to the cause since my older Dell Inspiron laptop model 5559 performs perfectly in this same 3-way setup. Specifically, the problems I have...
  5. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triple Monitor Viewing Problem: My HP laptop model 17z-ca000 performs poorly when connected to my two HP monitors to provide a 3-way monitor setup. I am puzzled as to the cause since my older Dell Inspiron laptop model 5559 performs perfectly in this same 3-way setup. Specifically, the problems I have...
  6. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen crashing on triple monitor setup.: I use an MSI gaming laptop and have two monitors connected to it. One via hdmi and the other via displayport mini. I have been using this setup for many months but recently my windows keeps on crashing with a bluescreen error. The crash only happens when I "click" focus on...
  8. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  9. 2 monitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitor setup: I have a vga and hdmi monitor. Windows 10 settings shows that I have 2 monitors set up, but when I try to run some programs they show up on the second monitor and not the first. Then the next problem is that the mouse cursor is still on the 1st monitor. When I try to arrange...
  10. Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup: Hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 3 monitors attached to a GTX770. 2xDell U2715H monitors (1440p) - work monitors 1xPhilips 1080p monitor - client monitor. Two monitors are used all the time for work in a dual monitor setup. The third monitor is placed away from me...