Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it

Discus and support Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buh6173, Aug 1, 2015.

1. buh6173 Win User

So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still happens, more often than not by accident.

Any idea how to disable this?

:)

buh6173, Aug 1, 2015
  2. samsung code 6.5 Win User

I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

u go to ur inbox from there go to

menu

tools

options

account settings

and uncheck the box that says request delivery notifications

hope this helps !

samsung code 6.5, Aug 1, 2015
  3. SHB1129 Win User
    I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

Form the home screen, I select 'contacts', then create a new SMS message to a contact. Once I send the message, I get pop-up window and sound telling me the message has been sent. I would like to disable this feature, but cannot figure out how to do so.

When replying to an existing SMS conversation, I do not get this message and sound.

SHB1129, Aug 1, 2015
  4. logicearth Win User

Triple click? Where? Triple clicking does nothing for me.

logicearth, Aug 1, 2015
  5. buh6173 Win User
    On a touchpad.

Not triple click, triple tap.

buh6173, Aug 1, 2015
  6. logicearth Win User
    Must be a gesture setting for the touch pad.

logicearth, Aug 5, 2015
  7. buh6173 Win User
    I've looked through the settings of the touchpad (it's Synaptics). Nothing.

This wasn't an issue in Windows 8 or 8.1.

buh6173, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it - Similar Threads - Triple tap brings

1. Triple HDMI TV Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Triple HDMI TV Setup?: Hello, Can this be done? A triple HDTV monitor setup? I have a 22" Polaroid, 24" Samsung, and a 24" Sanyo HDMI TV's. I tried it once before and made screens say "No Signal" Or "Mode Not Supported" *Sad I am using NVidia. 22" Pol and 24" San are HDMI and 24" Sam is using...
  2. Windows 10 update causing triple monitor issues

Windows 10 update causing triple monitor issues: Hi all, Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just installed the latest update and as usual it always messes up my triple screen. After 20 mins putting it all back to how it was, every time I start a game now the monitors turn green or black/blue with little flecks...
  3. Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?: Hi all, so I've got three monitors and I'd like to be able to turn off/on two of them with some kind of script because I see no easy way within the display properties. I see the following options: Duplicate desktop on 1 and 3 Duplicate desktop on 2 and 3 Extend...
  4. Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup: Hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 3 monitors attached to a GTX770. 2xDell U2715H monitors (1440p) - work monitors 1xPhilips 1080p monitor - client monitor. Two monitors are used all the time for work in a dual monitor setup. The third monitor is placed away from me...
  5. How to triple boot, Win 7/Win10/Win10 Insider

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to triple boot, Win 7/Win10/Win10 Insider: I have some old instructions on how to do this (I currently have Win 7 and Win 10 and want to add Win 10 insider version) but they do not work with Win 10. The instructions I have involve a command prompt to rebuildbcd. But with Win 10, when I get to Troubleshoot/Advanced...
  6. Dual or Triple Boot XP/7/10 recommendations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual or Triple Boot XP/7/10 recommendations: My current configuration is: Disc 0 - ntfs - 2TB XP Disc 1 - ntfs - 2TB Win 7 Disc 2 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Music) Disc 3 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Music) Disc 4 - ntfs - 2TB Data (Movies1) Disc 5 - ntfs - 2TB Data (TV1) Disc 6 - ntfs - 2TB Data (TV2) Disc 7 - ntfs - 2TB Data...
  7. Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Triple screen setup - get program windows to open in default screen: i have a triple screen setup, with 1 of those screens being a large TV screen. sometimes i'll have to drag a chrome window across if i want to sit on my sofa browsing the web. but most of the time i'm browsing chrome on the smaller two monitors at my desk. if i've...