Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it

Discus and support Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buh6173, Jul 31, 2015.

1. buh6173 Win User

So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still happens, more often than not by accident.

Any idea how to disable this?

:)

buh6173, Jul 31, 2015
  2. samsung code 6.5 Win User

I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

u go to ur inbox from there go to

menu

tools

options

account settings

and uncheck the box that says request delivery notifications

hope this helps !

samsung code 6.5, Jul 31, 2015
  3. SHB1129 Win User
    I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

Form the home screen, I select 'contacts', then create a new SMS message to a contact. Once I send the message, I get pop-up window and sound telling me the message has been sent. I would like to disable this feature, but cannot figure out how to do so.

When replying to an existing SMS conversation, I do not get this message and sound.

SHB1129, Jul 31, 2015
  4. logicearth Win User

Triple click? Where? Triple clicking does nothing for me.

logicearth, Jul 31, 2015
  5. buh6173 Win User
    On a touchpad.

Not triple click, triple tap.

buh6173, Jul 31, 2015
  6. logicearth Win User
    Must be a gesture setting for the touch pad.

logicearth, Aug 5, 2015
  7. buh6173 Win User
    I've looked through the settings of the touchpad (it's Synaptics). Nothing.

This wasn't an issue in Windows 8 or 8.1.

buh6173, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it - Similar Threads - Triple tap brings

2. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  3. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  4. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...
  5. How do I change my network connection's name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  6. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  7. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  8. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  9. How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...

How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...: I have old user files left after deleting user. How do i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-fo-i-remove-an-old-users-files-left-sfter/32f5b559-f0f2-4796-b966-e32f59adad40"
  10. How to increase dedicated video memory?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to increase dedicated video memory?: Acer Aspire AIO Touch Desktop, 23.8" Full HD Touch, Intel Core i5-7400T, 12GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, AZ3-715-ACKi5 Intel 630 Integrated Graphics Games run super slow because of the 128 MB dedicated video memory. I have 6 GB of other video memory. Can I increase...