Windows 10: Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it

Discus and support Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buh6173, Jul 31, 2015.

1. buh6173 Win User

Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it

So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still happens, more often than not by accident.

Any idea how to disable this?

:)

buh6173, Jul 31, 2015
  2. samsung code 6.5 Win User

I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

u go to ur inbox from there go to

menu

tools

options

account settings

and uncheck the box that says request delivery notifications

hope this helps !

samsung code 6.5, Jul 31, 2015
  3. SHB1129 Win User
    I am trying to figure out how to disable the feature that creates a pop-up message and sounds each time I send an SMS message.

Form the home screen, I select 'contacts', then create a new SMS message to a contact. Once I send the message, I get pop-up window and sound telling me the message has been sent. I would like to disable this feature, but cannot figure out how to do so.

When replying to an existing SMS conversation, I do not get this message and sound.

SHB1129, Jul 31, 2015
  4. logicearth Win User

Triple click? Where? Triple clicking does nothing for me.

logicearth, Jul 31, 2015
  5. buh6173 Win User
    On a touchpad.

Not triple click, triple tap.

buh6173, Jul 31, 2015
  6. logicearth Win User
    Must be a gesture setting for the touch pad.

logicearth, Aug 5, 2015
  7. buh6173 Win User
    I've looked through the settings of the touchpad (it's Synaptics). Nothing.

This wasn't an issue in Windows 8 or 8.1.

buh6173, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it - Similar Threads - Triple tap brings

2. Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to Figure out Some Memory Leaks via a CBS log: I'm just trying to get a handle on all the memory leaks on my laptop, already found one. Happened to be Killer Network Manager. I have 16 gigs of ram, and at the moment 2.7 gigs are used by Firefox, while the overall ram usage is at around 6.6 gigs. Nothing else currently...
  3. Figure out the offending driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Figure out the offending driver: On the ASRock machine in my specs, using Acronis True Image 2018, I get the following BSOD error when trying to back to one of the M.2 SSDs. Backing up to a traditional SATA 2.5" SSD works fine. "Driver IRQL not less or equal" Someone on the Acronis site, suggested I figure...
  4. How to Disable Permanently Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Permanently Cortana?: I have a Toshiba 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home. Some time ago, I spent DAYS getting Cortana disabled and turned off on my laptop. And now after this last update, MS in it's infinite stupidity has turned it back on. I've looked at instructions on the internet on how...
  5. This is How to permanently Disable Cortana

in Microsoft Office and 365
    This is How to permanently Disable Cortana: This is how to permanently disable Cortana, first start into safe mode and navigate to C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy you will need to Take Ownership of the Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy folder and then delete the file SearchUI.exe. If...
  6. How to disable Cortana completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Cortana completely?: How to disable Cortana completely? I have turn it off but its still in the task bar running. After end task, it will repop after few sec. 12421
  7. can t figure it out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can t figure it out: how do i hook my acer aspire Z-3-600 with windows 10 to my tv with hdmi hook up i did the duplicate screens and change the resalution but i can t get nothing on my tv thanks 38790
  8. Touchscreen disable doouble-tap

Touchscreen disable doouble-tap: Hi i have AIO dell and i'm using windows 10 with it, is there a chance to disable double-tap while click in the screen? in applicator, website, folder, etc.... 69976
  9. How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10

How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10: I recently updated/upgraded my Windows 8 laptop to Windows 10 operating system. I would like to know how to disable the tap-to-click touch-pad feature in Windows 10. It was easy to do on 8, but after searching through the settings on 10 I am unable to locate that setting....
  10. MS account to try out Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS account to try out Cortana ?: Hi all I run win 8.1 as my main OS and have a MS account for that. I run win 10 in a VM on local account, have not tested out Cortana as let , now that i have 10074 and its a bit more stable (not that i have had 1/4 the probs that some have) . I would like to test run...