Windows 10: Triplicate entries in boot

Discus and support Triplicate entries in boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had few problems with dual boot but now I have only Windows 10 installed. Currently in my UEFI BIOS shows 3 entries which all of them will load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cdnhermit, Jul 21, 2019.

1. cdnhermit Win User

Triplicate entries in boot

I had few problems with dual boot but now I have only Windows 10 installed. Currently in my UEFI BIOS shows 3 entries which all of them will load Windows 10. When I will reinstall Ubuntu I don't want useless entries in my boot manager.

Should I not have only one entry to load Window? Here are my exact entries in boot manager:

Windows Boot manager(Sata6G_5:Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512 GB)

Windows Boot manager(Sata6G_5:Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512 GB)

UEFI: OS(SATA6G_5: Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512 GB)

How do I delete 2 of those entries as the 3 of them load Windows 10?

Motherboard : ASUS Prime z-370-A

Currently I have no dual boot

Only on installation of Windows

I had dual boot with Ubuntu but I reformatted the disk and could get rid of the Ubuntu

C:\windows\system32>bcdedit

Windows Boot Manager
    --------------------
    identifier {bootmgr}
    device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2
    path \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFI
    description Windows Boot Manager
    locale en-us
    inherit {globalsettings}
    default {current}
    resumeobject {a7ad9e23-abc9-11e9-a846-5cf3709387aa}
    displayorder {current}
    toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
    timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader
    -------------------
    identifier {current}
    device partition=C:
    path \windows\system32\winload.efi
    description Windows 10
    locale en-us
    inherit {bootloadersettings}
    isolatedcontext Yes
    allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
    osdevice partition=C:
    systemroot \windows
    resumeobject {a7ad9e23-abc9-11e9-a846-5cf3709387aa}
    nx OptIn
    bootmenupolicy Standard

:)

cdnhermit, Jul 21, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Ciohoad Win User
    Win10 multiple faulty boot entries in recovery environment

if i boot from the windos 10 dvd and click thru repair options -> "Use another operating system" it lists 3 entries:

Fehler - abload.de

1 entry boots fine the other 2 of those entries are damaged, i think the error code was 0xc000000e. i'd like to delete the faulty entries and maybe add win7 to the list which is located on a different hard drive connected to the PC.

Ciohoad, Jul 21, 2019
  4. ineuw Win User

Getting rid of non-working boot devices in the BIOS

Finally, it took two steps to eliminate the duplicate boot entries in my case. But, it's important to note that I have separate disk drives for data, and two separate SSDs, one for each OS.
    1. Disconnected the two data drives, and installed a fresh copy of Linux Mint 19.1. (The fresh copy of Windows 10 was installed a week ago.) This erased all but two of the old boot entries. Both Linux grub, and the BIOS list of boot entries showed the same two dead entries.
    2. Booted into Windows and used Visual BCD from Visual BCD Editor - graphical bcdedit for Windows 7-10 which allows to edit the boot list, and I deleted them manually. Then, reconnected the data drives and now the boot list shows only the working boot entries

ineuw, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Triplicate entries in boot - Similar Threads - Triplicate entries boot

2. Triplicated keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triplicated keyboards: Hello community,So this was a bit stupid on my end, but attempting at creating a keyboard for my conlang MSKLC, I messed up twice and now I have 2 useless keyboards. How do I delete them for good? I tried uninstalling them through control centre....
  3. Triplicated keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triplicated keyboards: Hello community,So this was a bit stupid on my end, but attempting at creating a keyboard for my conlang MSKLC, I messed up twice and now I have 2 useless keyboards. How do I delete them for good? I tried uninstalling them through control centre....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  5. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  6. Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?

Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?: When I run bcdedit I get this result:C:\Windows\system32>bcdeditWindows Boot Manager--------------------identifier {bootmgr}device unknownpath \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFIdescription Windows Boot Managerlocale en-USinherit {globalsettings}default {default}resumeobject...
  7. Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD: Except that I fucking didn't... There were two entries on my sister's Lenovo Yoga 720: "Yoga 720 Win 10" and "960 Evo Win 10" The "960 Evo Win 10" entry is a remnant of when I built her gaming rig. I first test-booted that PC with her laptop's boot drive. Later, I...
  8. Triplicate Photos

Triplicate Photos: Why am i getting Triplicate photos when transferring Photos from iPhone to PC and what is the setting to stop it from happening again? Transferring Photos should be Easy Peazy but now its Easy Peazy Pissing me off... Anybody know a Quick Fix?...
  9. Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.: In windows photo gallery my pictures and videos randomly duplicate, triplicate and quadruple. This is a recurring problem rendering years of pictures useless! I have spent MANY hours cleaning this up only to have the problem come back. This has been happening since windows 7....
  10. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons: Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4...