Windows 10: Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What...

Discus and support Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm dealing with a dangerous malware situation and I need professional help dealing with it. Here’s what happened: I have an external SSD with 400GB... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MoeBachrouch, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What...

I'm dealing with a dangerous malware situation and I need professional help dealing with it.

Here’s what happened: I have an external SSD with 400GB of data. In 2019, I transferred data from an old USB from 2012 to this SSD. This USB had a Trojan on it that I later found out through the SSD.

When I inserted my external SSD into my new PC, a Trojan was detected by Windows Defender WD on my new PC under the name “Phonzy.A!ml”. It was quarantined. I decide to plug the source of the malware the USB, aka the F: drive in this story into an old laptop, and the same WD report pops up. Trojan:Win32/Phonzy.A!ml. However no other threat was detected by WD at this point, only this specific threat.

Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What... [​IMG]

I decide to restore the file that was quarantined on my old laptop. At this stage, a second, different threat gets detected by WD: a worm under the name Jenxcus.ND aka System.VBS.

Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What... [​IMG]
    This threat was not identified by my new PC, it was only identified after I restored the first malware on the old laptop. This file in fact did not ever show up in any of my directories in my F: drive the original infecting USB. It was identified on my old laptop after I restored the first malware the Trojan Phonzy one.

So, what worries me is: what happened to Jenxcus aka System.VBS on my new PC which never identified it? The newer PC identified a single threat: TrojanTrojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What... :phonzy. older laptop also identified a single threat, until I restored that threat. At this point it detected a second threat: System.VBS aka Worm:Jenxcus.ND. I haven’t even clicked any links or executed any files, I simply restored a threat.

I ran multiple scans on both my computers, on the infected drive, and the SSD on which I first identified this threat. I found nothing so far.

But naturally the situation still worries me.

What should I do, and how do I deal with this? Is my PC safe? Why did WD not detect System.vbs or Jenxcus?

Thanks.

:)

MoeBachrouch, Feb 12, 2021
  2. SMKnower Win User

how to remove a trojan threat that is Quarantined

On the page it does not say remove threat anywhere. So how do I remove a Quarantined Trojan and i have 2 of them got at the same time. Both the same Trojan.

SMKnower, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What...

Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Just ran a scan and the Trojan virus showed up again. Trojan:JS/Flafisi.D It is in the detected/quarantined threats as well as allowed threats. I have tried to locate the file; however, I am unable to find it. How do I find it and delete it?

LillianParmertor, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What...

1. Trojan detected, followed by Jenxcus worm on my 400GB SSD. The threat was quarantined. What... - Similar Threads - Trojan detected followed

2. Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined: Defender detected the virus Wacatac.B!ml. I checked the protection history and it reported as below:The Microsoft website says it removes this virus but the above doesn't show it completely removed.What is "Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25Windows...? Is this some hidden...
  3. Quarantined Threats

Quarantined Threats: hello, i just got my computer a few months ago. In Windows Security, it says i have a quarantined threat that i would like to get rid of- but when i click on it, it says "do you want to allow this app to make changed to your device" coming from windows security. I'm not sure...
  4. Trojan virus in quarantine what do i do now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan virus in quarantine what do i do now?: My friend wanted me to try to download a file so i could emulate a game sadly this was a trojan file and my pc quickly picked up on this and put two files in quarantine. I cant find them in tje directory and idk hpw to delete them. They were i stalled under my c drive under...
  5. Trojans and worms

Trojans and worms: I received a message upon startup yesterday that I was infected with a Trojan xcc32 and a worm.system32. Theyu wanted me to contact someone to fix the problem. I just dismessed the pop up and went about my business. Have not heard again from them. Am I OK - it seems I am, or...
  6. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan: I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there. What...
  7. threat quarantine confusion

threat quarantine confusion: First of all my PC had been attacked by malware after downloading a file and now I have removed the file and activated windows defender real time protection after performing an advanced offline scan. Some days later I downloaded a free version of malwarebytes. Now I have...
  8. Quarantined Threats

Quarantined Threats: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-threats/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc
  9. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....
  10. What is Java Worm

What is Java Worm: Today, after my system has been idle for a couple hours, I sat down and sow a small message box saying something about Java Worm infection. The message had a row of asterisks above and below the message. Don't know what program generated the message, but I closed in and ran a...