Windows 10: Trojan downloader file keeps showing up

Discus and support Trojan downloader file keeps showing up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I keep having to remove a trojan downloader file that shows up in my threats that doesn't seem to be affecting my PC I'm sure I haven't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkMatterLuigi, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Trojan downloader file keeps showing up

Hello, I keep having to remove a trojan downloader file that shows up in my threats that doesn't seem to be affecting my PC I'm sure I haven't been hacked or anything, what can I do to prevent these files from keep showing up?

submitted by /u/DarkMatterLuigi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarkMatterLuigi, Apr 6, 2021
  2. djbbenn Win User

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Trojan on TPU

The one for ATItool is a false positive. Sometimes AV software reports ATITool or GPU-Z as malicious programs because they view/modify driver files. Wherever you got that information hasn't been updated in years. If it makes you feel better I clicked the link, download the file, and scanned it with no result. It's a link to our download server containing an old beta of ATITool. Most likely ATITool contains code somewhere in it that is similar to a trojan (this is not uncommon for software I can list a whole slew of quality programs that get flagged falsely by Anti-Virus for this reason) and it was flagged by a heuristic scanning engine of some AV as a precaution until it was verified as safe.

Polaris573, Apr 6, 2021
  4. mitrajoon Win User

Trojan downloader file keeps showing up

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

One more time, looking for help on this. I go through the extensive list of steps above, including running script, adaware, cleaner and emisoft. No problems noted. I make sure the temp file and WD Service files are empty. I shut down the computer. In the morning I start up and a notification says WD has blocked wacatack trojan. The time listed is the time I shut down.

Anyone?

mitrajoon, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Trojan downloader file keeps showing up

1. Trojan downloader file keeps showing up - Similar Threads - Trojan downloader file

2. Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.: My windows defender found a threat trojan:win32/wacatac.h!ml and it was in altruistic folder in program files. I deleted the file from laptop but still every time i scan the laptop each time it shows same threat found and when i click on details, it shows that the trojan has...
  3. Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.: My windows defender found a threat trojan:win32/wacatac.h!ml and it was in altruistic folder in program files. I deleted the file from laptop but still every time i scan the laptop each time it shows same threat found and when i click on details, it shows that the trojan has...
  4. Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...: Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe file bhut in that location no file existThis will show status active and active threat have not been remediate and are running on your deviceAnd in details it shows this command is...
  5. Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...: Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe file bhut in that location no file existThis will show status active and active threat have not been remediate and are running on your deviceAnd in details it shows this command is...
  6. Files keep showing up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files keep showing up on my desktop: So today I noticed I had an old video file on my desktop. It was a video I screen recorded of my friends and I playing a game. I moved it back into the folder that I keep videos saved in. A few minutes later I noticed a different video file on the desktop. This has never...
  7. Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded mp3 files don't show up in file explorer.: My specific issue is downloaded youtube mp4's and converted to mp3's with "Realplayer Downloader" and "Realplayer Converter" show up in my WMP library but do not show up in file explorer when accessing thru my cutter/joiner program. "Example" I've ripped 10 tracks from the cd...
  8. Files keep showing up

Files keep showing up: Please help ! Documents keep coming back after organizing, pictures also ! Now I'm getting files & pics from 2017 !!! HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP !!!!! Julie Ann...
  9. This keeps showing up!

This keeps showing up!: This keeps showing up! Especially when I'm playing GTA V, it closes is and then it comes up with a cmd window behind it. HELP PLEASE!!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-showing-up/cca5601d-8f2d-4472-be2a-d1559717d423"
  10. Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader": For the past week Defender has been going off for a TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff or TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.C!ams. I'm not sure how to stop this happening, I don't download random email attachments or anything like that but the description of it seems to suggest that's...