Windows 10: trojan file

Discus and support trojan file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I think I have a trojan file on the computer. I've run across a file $dpx$.tmp. When I click on it, it says I need permission to access. Then it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeLong3, Jun 25, 2020.

1. trojan file

Hi

I think I have a trojan file on the computer. I've run across a file $dpx$.tmp. When I click on it, it says I need permission to access. Then it says I have been denied permission to access and to click the security tab.

There, it says I do not have permission to view, even as an administrative user.

I've run the latest McAfee a couple times and it comes up as no issues but this folder won't go away. I've tried shredding it with McAfee and nothing. I've scandisk off windows, same thing. It won't go away.

I had a sketchy experience recently on this laptop - I was installing the McAfee program and it said it couldn't be installed to call a number at McAfee 800-409-9847 and the Indian fellow there tried to convince me that I needed to buy a $500 program to get rid of "so many problems" on my computer. I refused saying I would simply buy a new laptop and he was rather aggressive in that the virus would go through my wifi to "every computer and phone on you wifi" and it was my responsibility, not Spectrum our wifi provider to protect the system.

Anyway, this file is listed as being created about the same time and definitely the same date as when I was talking to the Indian guy who was giving me the rush.

What should I do, beyond burning this laptop?

:)

GeorgeLong3, Jun 25, 2020
  2. djbbenn Win User

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jun 25, 2020
  4. trojan file

Trojan on TPU

The one for ATItool is a false positive. Sometimes AV software reports ATITool or GPU-Z as malicious programs because they view/modify driver files. Wherever you got that information hasn't been updated in years. If it makes you feel better I clicked the link, download the file, and scanned it with no result. It's a link to our download server containing an old beta of ATITool. Most likely ATITool contains code somewhere in it that is similar to a trojan (this is not uncommon for software I can list a whole slew of quality programs that get flagged falsely by Anti-Virus for this reason) and it was flagged by a heuristic scanning engine of some AV as a precaution until it was verified as safe.

Polaris573, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

trojan file

1. trojan file - Similar Threads - trojan file

2. 1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.: Short version :Windows Defender detects a Trojan and a Win32 file, then I change my Windows local account password, and then next day I can't log in.Long version :OS : Windows 11, and it was always up to date.I had OBS downloaded from the official website since December 2022....
  3. 1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 Trojan, 1 Win32 file, and then incorrect password on Windows local account.: Short version :Windows Defender detects a Trojan and a Win32 file, then I change my Windows local account password, and then next day I can't log in.Long version :OS : Windows 11, and it was always up to date.I had OBS downloaded from the official website since December 2022....
  4. malwarebytes is detecting things as a trojan but i dont know if there windows files or viruses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malwarebytes is detecting things as a trojan but i dont know if there windows files or viruses: it is detecting "C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Network73539Man.cmd" as a trojan as well as the following paths:C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\OneNote 73539it is also detecting registry keys as a trojan but im unable to get a screenshot of it as it wont paste in all i need to...
  5. malwarebytes is detecting things as a trojan but i dont know if there windows files or viruses

malwarebytes is detecting things as a trojan but i dont know if there windows files or viruses: it is detecting "C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Network73539Man.cmd" as a trojan as well as the following paths:C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\OneNote 73539it is also detecting registry keys as a trojan but im unable to get a screenshot of it as it wont paste in all i need to...
  6. malwarebytes is detecting things as a trojan but i dont know if there windows files or viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.: I recently yesterday had downloaded a Minecraft mod file, it worked as intended but then I was charged for $300 in gifted subscriptions for Discord then logged out of Discord. This was confusing so I ran a Full system scan and it said I had a severe Trojan virus on my pc. I...
  8. Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.: I recently yesterday had downloaded a Minecraft mod file, it worked as intended but then I was charged for $300 in gifted subscriptions for Discord then logged out of Discord. This was confusing so I ran a Full system scan and it said I had a severe Trojan virus on my pc. I...
  9. Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.: My windows defender found a threat trojan:win32/wacatac.h!ml and it was in altruistic folder in program files. I deleted the file from laptop but still every time i scan the laptop each time it shows same threat found and when i click on details, it shows that the trojan has...
  10. Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.

Trojan found, file deleted, but still trojan keeps popping up.: My windows defender found a threat trojan:win32/wacatac.h!ml and it was in altruistic folder in program files. I deleted the file from laptop but still every time i scan the laptop each time it shows same threat found and when i click on details, it shows that the trojan has...