Windows 10: Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive?

Discus and support Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just exported an image from lightroom to a network share on my server then switched the folder to thumbnail view and got a windows defender malware... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rsmenterprises, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive?

I just exported an image from lightroom to a network share on my server then switched the folder to thumbnail view and got a windows defender malware warning. Flagged as follows:

Trojan

Severe

Affected Items:

file\\;LanmanRedirector\;X:000000000xxxxx\server\share\folder\...\thumbs.db

This must be a false positive right? Such an unusual location to flag something. An image my camera captured exported to a network location where the thumbnail database file is generated. Scanned my server from within it's own OS and found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

:)

rsmenterprises, Feb 16, 2019

2. Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

Thx for the suggestions. When I looked in properties it seemed to suggest it was v8.x, yet the last version I could find to download was v5.x so seemed a bit of a mismatch. I tried 4 or 5 other anti-virus/malware scanners and none flagged this Trojan in
    the file. Anyway I took it to our IT to sort out and they got it installed, although I suspect all they did was treat it as a false-positive and Allowed it Defender!

fasteddie(2), Feb 16, 2019
  3. Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

I need to install the Pulse VPN client, but Defender flags the following Trojan in it "Trojan:Win32/Varpes.K!cl".

I loaded 2 other malware/AV packages and neither flagged the same issue. Is this a Defender false-positive?

fasteddie(2), Feb 16, 2019
  4. Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive?

Trojan horse false positive on v0.26 installer?

Odd, but I would say its most likely a false positive. Hardware tools do this because of the nature of what the program does.

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive?

1. Trojan:Script/Firetype.A!ml flagging a thumbs.db file. False positive? - Similar Threads - Trojan Script Firetype

2. I created a website and it was flagged as false positive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a website and it was flagged as false positive: I created a website through WIX and everything was fine until my professor tried to open it. Many people had opened it before and received no problem, but she did and her Microsoft Defender SmartScreen said it was unsafe. How do I submit this URL as a false positive, so it...
  3. I created a website and it was flagged as false positive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I created a website and it was flagged as false positive: I created a website through WIX and everything was fine until my professor tried to open it. Many people had opened it before and received no problem, but she did and her Microsoft Defender SmartScreen said it was unsafe. How do I submit this URL as a false positive, so it...
  4. I created a website and it was flagged as false positive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  6. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  7. false positive? Win32/Sabsik.FT.A!ml

false positive? Win32/Sabsik.FT.A!ml: after compiling my C++ using the devolper console "cl /EHsc hello.cpp" this triggered my antivirus to say Win32/Sabsik.FT.A!ml trojan was discovered and it affected "hello.cpp", so false positive or not or this Win32/Sabsik.FT.A!ml the C++ compilor?...
  8. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml: Just today I got an alert that a "Trojan script/conteban.a!ml" was detected by Windows Defender. This is my first time dealing with a virus and I did my best research on the virus and found unconclusive results. Windows Defender gave me the option to restore or remove the...
  9. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...
  10. Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml

Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml: Hello, I send this as I've just come back to my computer tonight to find that Windows Defender just finished a scan, detecting one threat on my computer, a Trojan labelled as I describe in the subject. The details provided on the scan states that it can initiate commands...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml

2. oneeva.a!ml

3. script/oneeva.A!ml

4. oneeva.a ml,
  5. oneeva.a ml thumbs.db,
  6. trojan:script/oneeva.a!ml false positive,
  7. What is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml in Windows 10?,
  8. trojan:script/oneeva windows defender,
  9. quitar script/oneeva.a!ml ,
  10. oneeva trojan,
  11. Trojan:Script\Oneeva.A!ml microsoft,